Alone chick not growing

It does make than just make me sad. :mad:

Also, I have heard more than once where someone "rescued " young chicks. Only one time was it an actual rescue.

Basically I rescued them from street . Here people color the chicks mostly male and sell them for few bucks . It's hurting I know ..I have rooster pets and I got them colored as well ..it's Cruelty here :(

I don't think getting another chick is a good idea. Not that chicks enjoy being alone, but one is dead and the other is fading. No more chickens until they learn how to properly care for them.

Exactly because he is 2 months old today and chick will be come day or two day old ..I didn't introduce him with my roosters I was scared that they will attack him

Just hold him out him close to your neck a little tlc can go a long way. Try high protein dog food he needs protein to be able to help grow feathers. I use to scrape a little under their beak to get them to taste it and them the might take a bite. Keep him warm I use to always be with my chicks as baby’s.
That's great I can bring dog food. .also he's not limping today he walked by his own without sitting down . :D

And he's eating mashed eggs ( 1 time)
Boiled corn
Other cooked items like rice and chickpeas .
And Bcomplex , Amino Acids 1 time 2 drops , I will get some calcium too .

And I have probiotics powder (4 active strains)
I guess if he having some Bacterial Infection from eating poop ..

He passing some undigested food

Exactly because he is 2 months old today and chick will be come day or two day old ..I didn't introduce him with my roosters I was scared that they will attack him
Maybe you can make a pen next to the other roosters, or a separate cage or pen inside their pen.

That way this young one could see and hear the older roosters, but they cannot hurt him.

Pls suggest me some ways I can help him grow ..he's poop is normal firm , breathing is lil fast , and his joints are swelled due to Injury from falling from bed on floor

I don't think getting another chick is a good idea. Not that chicks enjoy being alone, but one is dead and the other is fading. No more chickens until they learn how to properly care for them.
:hugsSaainya, get some photos, you mention his legs are swollen. It may be that there's nothing you can do and he may not recover, but I would like to see. A sling is probably a good idea to help take some weight off the legs for the time being until you can make further decisions.

As for making assumptions about an OP, we all have done that. Talking about them like they don't exist is in bad taste. It wouldn't take but a couple of minutes to look at someone's profile or BYC posting history to determine how much experience or proper care a person gives.
Saainya is one of the most caring and passionate people I have met here on BYC.

No one is perfect. Accidents happen. While recovery doesn't sound promising from the description of injury, giving the OP support and constructive suggestions is a better course of action instead of tearing them down further when they are in distress.

I second that @Saaniya is a very caring and responsible person. She has a lot of knowledge about chickens and loves her pet roosters. She helps people here on the emergency forum often.

I hope that you can get your rescue cockerel to survive Saaniya. If you could use a mushy chicken feed or mixture that you give your roosters, that might be best. He might have swallowed something similar that the other chickswallowed.

That's great I can bring dog food. .also he's not limping today he walked by his own without sitting down . :D

And he's eating mashed eggs ( 1 time)
Boiled corn
Other cooked items like rice and chickpeas .
And Bcomplex , Amino Acids 1 time 2 drops , I will get some calcium too .

And I have probiotics powder (4 active strains)
I guess if he having some Bacterial Infection from eating poop ..

He passing some undigested food
Try and put apple cider vinegar in his or her water with some yogurt he might have some intestinal issues like not enough good bacteria the cider and yogurt promises good intestinal health flushed out any unwanted company also try and his him or her on chick food him or her might not be digesting as easy because they don’t have that nutrients from the chick food (you can mix it make make a little paste)

Try and put apple cider vinegar in his or her water with some yogurt he might have some intestinal issues like not enough good bacteria the cider and yogurt promises good intestinal health flushed out any unwanted company also try and his him or her on chick food him or her might not be digesting as easy because they don’t have that nutrients from the chick food (you can mix it make make a little paste)

Done I'll do this tomorrow morning first thing thank you :)

I second that @Saaniya is a very caring and responsible person. She has a lot of knowledge about chickens and loves her pet roosters. She helps people here on the emergency forum often.

I hope that you can get your rescue cockerel to survive Saaniya. If you could use a mushy chicken feed or mixture that you give your roosters, that might be best. He might have swallowed something similar that the other chickswallowed.

Thank you for your kind words mam . Yes , I can give that feed wow this sounds so good I become hopeless since moomoo died I afraid to give things but I will mash the feed and give .

No, he didn't seems to swallow anything because his brother swallowed something that clogged his throat . And block his windpipe also he died in suffocation and due to not able to eat or drink anything

Back
Top Bottom