Alone chick not growing

Please don't rescue anymore chicks, you don't know what you are doing. Chicks don't get toys, because they eat dam near anything ,second why would you put a chick on a bed? Do you not know they are fast by nature and now because of your recklessness he will more than likely die just like the other chick. I can't believe you did those things they are not a cat or dog. Find a farm and give them that chick at least he will have a better chance of survival..
Maybe you might want to read this @CHRISTINE BOLES and even apologize to her:

:hugsSaainya, get some photos, you mention his legs are swollen. It may be that there's nothing you can do and he may not recover, but I would like to see. A sling is probably a good idea to help take some weight off the legs for the time being until you can make further decisions.

As for making assumptions about an OP, we all have done that. Talking about them like they don't exist is in bad taste. It wouldn't take but a couple of minutes to look at someone's profile or BYC posting history to determine how much experience or proper care a person gives.
Saainya is one of the most caring and passionate people I have met here on BYC.

No one is perfect. Accidents happen. While recovery doesn't sound promising from the description of injury, giving the OP support and constructive suggestions is a better course of action instead of tearing them down further when they are in distress.

I second that @Saaniya is a very caring and responsible person. She has a lot of knowledge about chickens and loves her pet roosters. She helps people here on the emergency forum often.

I hope that you can get your rescue cockerel to survive Saaniya. If you could use a mushy chicken feed or mixture that you give your roosters, that might be best. He might have swallowed something similar that the other chickswallowed.

Hey there so I need help ..it's rough tough time and long story I rescued two baby chicks on Dec 13 ,2020 and it's all fine they were growing active and playing . In January 22 one chick accidentally died by swallowing something we don't know .

His brother is all alone since then , he is not growing , he is all quite and not wanting to play . He just want to sit and sleep . .

I gave him toys , pillows mirrors but none of these stuff working ..week ago he falls from bed and injured his legs since then he's very weak and feels sad all the time ..

I am giving him mashed eggs , Bcomplex , Amino Acids , vitamin E to help him grow but he's not growing not even feathers coming as yet ..could be a runt ..

I earlier raised a runt and all things worked ..but I feel too bad right now seeing my lonely chick not growing he's so sweet 😭
Oh so sorry about your loss...the one you are holding is SPOT ON ADORABLE! just give it lots of hugs and cuddles...spoil it rotten... more than likely it's missing its friend...chickens are sensitive to loss... there are some really nice bird videos on youtube maybe that will cheer her up...

I have 2 hens...a Cornish Cross and a Black Lace Wyandotte....mine are house pets and so much fun their names are BLACKIE & BLONDIE...i am very disheartened about BLONDIE because her life expectancy is said to be 12 weeks...she much older than that and a good layer... started at 5mos...

Don't dispair keep doing what you do...she looks fine give her lots of cuddles and research her breed... she may just start really growing in no time... she's greiving... keep her close... mine have beds next to me where they sleep... you might try that with her... just love her lotz! I could cuddle her through the screen... good luck.

Oh so sorry about your loss...the one you are holding is SPOT ON ADORABLE! just give it lots of hugs and cuddles...spoil it rotten... more than likely it's missing its friend...chickens are sensitive to loss... there are some really nice bird videos on youtube maybe that will cheer her up...

I have 2 hens...a Cornish Cross and a Black Lace Wyandotte....mine are house pets and so much fun their names are BLACKIE & BLONDIE...i am very disheartened about BLONDIE because her life expectancy is said to be 12 weeks...she much older than that and a good layer... started at 5mos...

Don't dispair keep doing what you do...she looks fine give her lots of cuddles and research her breed... she may just start really growing in no time... she's greiving... keep her close... mine have beds next to me where they sleep... you might try that with her... just love her lotz! I could cuddle her through the screen... good luck.
Your words give me alot of motivation :) 😍😘💛

Hey there so I need help ..it's rough tough time and long story I rescued two baby chicks on Dec 13 ,2020 and it's all fine they were growing active and playing . In January 22 one chick accidentally died by swallowing something we don't know .

His brother is all alone since then , he is not growing , he is all quite and not wanting to play . He just want to sit and sleep . .

I gave him toys , pillows mirrors but none of these stuff working ..week ago he falls from bed and injured his legs since then he's very weak and feels sad all the time ..

I am giving him mashed eggs , Bcomplex , Amino Acids , vitamin E to help him grow but he's not growing not even feathers coming as yet ..could be a runt ..

I earlier raised a runt and all things worked ..but I feel too bad right now seeing my lonely chick not growing he's so sweet 😭

a photo of her, other pets like a guinea pig could be his friend , a photo of her would help him remember her and help him cope

Hi Saaniya, A photograph of her should be given to him so he has some memory of her. A small stone may have caused her death. They need shell grit to help them swallow

Hi Saaniya, A photograph of her should be given to him so he has some memory of her. A small stone may have caused her death. They need shell grit to help them swallow
Yes I did the same hopefully he started growing after we give him different types of vitamin and minerals he still looks small maybe a small breed ..but thanks for your time reading about this

Yes I did the same hopefully he started growing after we give him different types of vitamin and minerals he still looks small maybe a small breed ..but thanks for your time reading about this

He's a month older now? So glad to hear he's doing better!

Can you post another picture of him the way he looks today?

I just found this thread today, and I didn't read it all. So maybe you don't need any more advice on how to feed him...

But the best food to give chickens to make them stronger is EGGS. Cook a scrambled egg for your chick and chop it into little pieces. Then see how much he likes it!

Also, my chickens love bananas. I peel the bananas and mash them up, because if I leave them in big pieces the chickens will pull them out of the dish and try to run away with them. But you only have one chicken, so you don't have to worry about him taking food away from the others.

Get him a Mate .....

Please don't rescue anymore chicks, you don't know what you are doing. Chicks don't get toys, because they eat dam near anything ,second why would you put a chick on a bed? Do you not know they are fast by nature and now because of your recklessness he will more than likely die just like the other chick. I can't believe you did those things they are not a cat or dog. Find a farm and give them that chick at least he will have a better chance of survival..
People say... If you can be anything in life...be Kind !!! I say... If you can be anything....Don't be a dick !!!
To the best of my knowledge...you didn't read the entire thread before replying (I've done it too). I would go back and pin point comments you apparently missed, but I don't have enough time ( I have 12hrs of welding ahead of me).
I will say that regardless of peoples past experiences, they are in the right place (BYC) for asking for guidance. There are extremely knowledgeable people here that can help in any & all situations. I appreciate their expertise. They don't suger coat, if someone is incorrect in their handling of animals, they let them know....but in a kind way. Some don't agree with others in how they get from point A to point B, but a different way of looking at the same situation is helpful.
What is not helpful is putting someone in front of your own personal firing squad! Hurtful comments do not help, in any situation. My suggestion to you is to come down and apologize. And I apologize if you don't like my reply, but I appreciate you reading to the end. Thank you in advance. WB

He's a month older now? So glad to hear he's doing better!

Can you post another picture of him the way he looks today?

I just found this thread today, and I didn't read it all. So maybe you don't need any more advice on how to feed him...

But the best food to give chickens to make them stronger is EGGS. Cook a scrambled egg for your chick and chop it into little pieces. Then see how much he likes it!

Also, my chickens love bananas. I peel the bananas and mash them up, because if I leave them in big pieces the chickens will pull them out of the dish and try to run away with them. But you only have one chicken, so you don't have to worry about him taking food away from the others.
UPDATE : He's doing fine almost all Feb- march he face se leg weakness .
We take him to vet he gave him some OstoVet Calcium suppliment which improves him somehow last week vet suggested to give a new supplimentry calcium (Basically for runt puppies)
After that administration Booboos breathing go laboured we try to control his breathing but can't able to help him and unfortunately he died on Sunday 11 April 2021 at the age of 4 month from heart attack .
P.z
HE WAS RECOVERING AND DOING PERFECT HIS LEGS STARTED WORKING AND HE SEEMS TO BE ENJOYING LIFE HE DIED FROM A SUPPLIMENTRY REPLACEMENT SUGGESTED BY A VETERINARY DOCTOR WHICH I ALWAYS REGRET ADMINISTRATING
RIP BOOBOO
😔😔😔

Attachments

• IMG20210410162008.jpg
    IMG20210410162008.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG20210410161854.jpg
    IMG20210410161854.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom