Altering my terrible TS coop.

The flaps to stop wind
image.jpg

Thank you Cryss. :hugs
How are your birds adjusting to the cooler temperatures?
So far they're good. Getting about 3 eggs a day average from 6 girls. Roopecca is the only one that looks like he's molting. He won't cime out of the upstairs room of the coop till after noontime. Not sure if it's because he has issues going down the ramp or if he's just cold. I'm leaning towards the former. How's your flock doing?

oh boy, I did what you did. Covered everything except the side door. Thats left open. And its also open on the very top of the front of the coop. Its been like this for 2 weeks now approx. Its been cold here, you are in NJ, you know. I have seen one of the roosters tell everyone to get inside around 5-5:30. But the other night, my daughter and I went out there at 9:30 at night. And they were all sleeping on top! Outside! Should I be concerned?

Hey @FrannyLW! Welcome to BYC!! Glad to meet another Jerseyan. :frow
So tell us a bit more about your flock and coop. It will be easier to undestand why your birds aren't going inside.
How old are your birds? How many do you have? And how long have you had them? It would be super helpful if you were able to upload some pictures of the coop from different angles so we can see what you did, and a few of the inside to see if there's something in the indoor arrangement they don't like.
New jersey can be windy and we're famous for our ice storms. :tongue
Oh, and pictures of your chickens....just because we loooove chickens!:love

@FrannyLW is the coop inside a protected run? If not your birds are in danger from dozens of various breeds of critters. Raccoons, fox, dogs, cats, owls...everything loves to eat tasty chicken.

Back
Top Bottom