Alternate worming with Safeguard

EyeKeyYou

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 7, 2012
On the rainy months here it is hard to worm in the water. I found this at our local feed store and I mix one to five ratio with feed to worm all the peas. It is .05 vs the normally found .5%.

I think we did the math on that and you need to feed lots of it for it to be effective. Good choice, but probably quite expensive?

-Kathy

50 lb bag is $33. 50lb bag is roughly equivalent to bottle of safeguard for goats which is approx $20 so $13 for 50lb of feed is not bad. Given that on rainy months my peas would rather drink from the dirtiest puddle and I have way to many to worm individually this is the best way I have found to worm them. I usually give them this for 5 days. On dry months I use levimiasole, ivermectin, safeguard liquid, rotation.

50 lb bag is $33. 50lb bag is roughly equivalent to bottle of safeguard for goats which is approx $20 so $13 for 50lb of feed is not bad. Given that on rainy months my peas would rather drink from the dirtiest puddle and I have way to many to worm individually this is the best way I have found to worm them. I usually give them this for 5 days. On dry months I use levimiasole, ivermectin, safeguard liquid, rotation.

How many mg of medication is each pea getting per day?

-Kathy

The whole 50 pound bag = 113.5 ml of the liquid. I wonder if there is a typo on that label?

-Kathy

No typo that is what I like about it. The safeguard multi species .5% pelets is like a tbs per feeder and much more expensive than the liquid plus no way to make sure everybody gets some. This is .05% and decent feed so i scoop 4 of feed and 1 of this. I do the lower rate for 5days rather than the 10-50mg for 1 dosing. If I remember it ended up being around 8mg/kg at the rate my peas eat at that time.

Have to make sure not to do this during molt are they all end up looking like they have curly feathers.

This is for Safeguard multi species .5% from Safeguard packaging

GROWING TURKEY DEWORMING/FEEDING DIRECTIONS

Growing Turkeys: 14.5 grams active drug ingredient Fenbendazole/ton of feed, to be fed as the sole ration for 6 days. Example - 1 lb. of Safe-Guard
00ae.png
.5% should be mixed into 313 pounds of feed, to be feed as the sole ration to growing turkeys for 6 consecutive days. No Prior withdrawal of feed or water necessary. Growing turkey feeds containing Safe-Guard
00ae.png
0.5% can be feed pelleted or as a meal.

Since what I use is 10% weaker, mix should be 10lb to 300lb now considering Safeguards loss in effectiveness I am effectively mixing 10lb to 40lb which is only possible without poisonig the peacocks due to Safeguards extreme low toxicity. You can however notice the high level in that if fed during molt they all look like they ran into the electric fence for months.

I think mine are pigs, at times average .4lb per day including hens at a 1-4ratio.

Back
Top Bottom