Aluminum foil cover on homemade incubator?

KenjiQuacker

Songster
Jan 24, 2021
Issaquah Washington
Hello there, so I'm trying to make a homemade incubator that's kinda last minute, so I'm using a cardboard box and a heat lamp. I know it needs insulation though, and I don't have a Styrofoam box, so I was wondering if covering the outside of the box in aluminum foil would keep it insulated? I'm also going to be putting a lid over the top with a viewing hole, so the lid should also help. If this wouldn't work, do you have any other ideas? Any help is appreciated! : )

If I were going to DIY and incubator I would do something like this.
That's pretty much identical to what my DIY incubator looks like, except I used a cardboard food shipping box (good food) which has a reflective material on the inside kinda like foil. I covered it in Styrofoam and duct tape. It's good, but there is a lot of work to keeping the temps and humidity right.

Styrofoam coolers can be bad for ~$3 at walmart. Good luck with your project. If you can’t get to a store and you are itching to start a box inside another box with either an air gap or yiu could fill the gap with a towel or scrap paper or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom