Alzhimers?

City Farmer Jim

Songster
Mar 18, 2020
South Texas close to Corpus Christi
I'm not sure where to ask this question so I'm going to start here. This is not an emergency or a wound. We have a 3.5 year old Barred rock that is my favorite girl. I had ask about sour crop and received awesome advice and a gentle massage of her crop ended in her expelling what ever the issue was and made a recovery from that issue HOWEVER now she seems forgetful about what used to be her favorite things...I have always given treats and all I had to do is ask(loudly) where are all my chickens and she(head hen) and the whole flock would come running for whatever treat I had. Now it seems she is always last and I have to go find her more often than not. She is not blind and not deaf...just seems indifferent to flock activities...is that normal ish...just an inquiring mind wanting to know what is going on with my favorite HEN

I'm sorry for the slow reply and even more sorry for letting my head to go untreated. Our head hen has vent gleet...we have already started warm Epsom salt soaking and applying antifungal...makes me sad I didn't pay closer attention to her condition and investigate why she was acting a little off.

Back
Top Bottom