Am I a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is cruel. I felt guilty putting my girl in a large dog crate for a few hours to save her from pecking I had to give to a friend.

Couldn't you get a large dog crate at a yard sale or make a large box out of spare wood like a mini coop. I am a grandma and I made an 8X4 coop all by myself it isn't that hard to do. All you would need is a 3X4 depending on the number of roos you have. I am sorry but you are no better than the commercial egg farms.
hit.gif

I dunno but nightfall is when my flock is the calmest...lol. No bickering, no mating.... just sleep and the oddball crowing.

If it's an issue I'd butcher now or re-home.

Julie
smile.png

Quote:
okay they'll run free tonight, i cant risk going out there without serious injury, theres a major ice storm.. its a hassle to catch them anyway.. milk crates will be roosts tonight...

When the weather gets better lookinto getting some of the cubes from Walmart (or whatever store you shop at) and making some cages for them that are in the link I posted.
Thats how I made my house rabbits cages and my inside chicken "corrals"
big_smile.png

I think that you are just kidding. No one as that cruel on this sight that would put a chicken or roo in a milk crate all night. You are just looking for attention

I think, and fervently hope, that this person is having you all on.
If that's not the case -WOW!!!

I am thinking that I agree with the nay-sayers here...that this is such an obvious issue of animal cruelty that the only real reason for posting about cramming roosters in a too small box all night would be to instigate discord with this chicken loving group. When an answer to a question is so painfully obvious that even a non-chicken person can see it, and the subject matter of the question pricks the sensitivity of animal lovers, then my personal opinion is that the post was written for the personal satisfction of someone wanting to cause trouble. I implore the Mods to close and lock this thread before Bawk gets any more pleasure out of upsetting this community.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom