Am I a buff cochin roo?

deuce11705

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville
Hello all,

I am wondering what this little fella is. We believe that he is a bantam buff cochin cockerel, but would like some input. A little info... we purchased some Barred Rocks, Delawares, Blue Cochins, Sebrights, Ameracaunas, and 2 odd chicks from an individual. He was selling the chicks cheap as food for pet snakes, so we came to the rescue..lol. He had all of his chickens separated by breed in pens (which is how I decided what I wanted to get my chickens), but the chicks were all mixed up in the brooding room. One of the odd chicks looks extremely like a bantam buff cochin (which I'm happy with), but we just don't know for sure what this guy is. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

64521_charger_chicken.jpg

He was hatched Aug 1, 2010.

Many thanks!

He looks like a Booted Bantam with the Mille Fluer coloring. It doesnt have a beard so its not a d'Uccle and doesn't look like a cochin to me either.

Hi again all. Thanks for the suggestions. I have taken some more, and hopefully better pics, for further pondering.

64521_backside_charger.jpg

Backside view while on the perch

64521_charger_and_ladies.jpg

Charger with some of the ladies

64521_charger_on_bug_patrol.jpg

Today on bug patrol...lol

64521_charger_pecking_ground.jpg

I think he found something!

64521_charger_posing_for_the_camera.jpg

Charger posing pretty for the camera!!

Hope this helps in further identification. Again, thanks ya'll for your help!
big_smile.png

Hey ya'll...

After checking out the "Breeds" section (just noticed it was there in all my looking around...lol), I am leaning more toward the booted bantam as the breed. The wattles are too big and I read that a D'Uccle has slate legs (Charger's legs are yellow). At any rate, I thank ya'll for helping out!

Back
Top Bottom