1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Am I a Buff Orphington?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GatorChickenRanch, Jul 18, 2011.

1. GatorChickenRanch

GatorChickenRanch Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    Middleburg, FL
    Hey guys, I have a few chickens sold to me as Buff orphingtons. The one in this picture is a rooster. Just wondering, is my assumption correct? Is he an orphington? I can get more pics if needed. Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a better Pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. GatorChickenRanch

Jul 17, 2011
    Middleburg, FL
    updated the pic, it was a problem on my end.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    buff can come in several different shades, but he does look more "red" than the buffs I've seen, also his body shape is off for an orpington (some hatchery type orps have "off" body shapes) he does have the right leg color

4. GatorChickenRanch

Jul 17, 2011
    Middleburg, FL
    Quote:My camera's bad, so i'll have to get a better picture of him. (It was taken on my iPhone. [​IMG] )

5. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Quote:My camera's bad, so i'll have to get a better picture of him. (It was taken on my iPhone. [​IMG] )

Looks about right. If the color is off because ur phone then its an orp. And I SEE A GUINEA!!!!![​IMG]

6. clayhill

clayhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Lee County, Arkansas
    He looks like one to me. I have orpingtons and he appears to be one. The roos are more of a red color than the hens, with even more red in the tail feathers.

7. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    I have several young Orps that are that color.

8. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

He is an orp. He may not be the best quality though,since he's redder than any pure orps I've seen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by