Am I a girl?

Girlmomx3

Songster
Oct 12, 2021
I thought I had my older silkies figured out! I’m not even sure on their age because we bought them at the fair petting zoo on a whim the first week of September and she was kinda all over the place, which is understandable.
981D4985-EA50-4ABC-AF2F-DBC436801E02.jpeg
27542014-9090-45A4-8ED4-A43FC26F96EA.jpeg
7E1689D4-0BBB-49E7-B7B7-D69BD210FFEB.jpeg

There are 4 total.
2BD7707F-FAA3-418E-80F5-6087CBFF3520.jpeg

last one is her with her sisters/brother. I thought/think the black one is a rooster and the other 3 are hens? The one I’m questioning has me wondering. Although I haven’t had any eggs yet or a crow?

How old are they? It's really tough for most of us to ID Silkies before they're at least four or five months old. Even then, you sometimes have to wait for an egg ... or a crow ... for confirmation. You can sometimes tell a male by "streamers" - long, wispy feathers that stand out from the topknot. Females tend to have more rounded floofs. Regardless, they're awfully pretty babies!

How old are they? It's really tough for most of us to ID Silkies before they're at least four or five months old. Even then, you sometimes have to wait for an egg ... or a crow ... for confirmation. You can sometimes tell a male by "streamers" - long, wispy feathers that stand out from the topknot. Females tend to have more rounded floofs. Regardless, they're awfully pretty babies!
I think they’re 5 months. I’m not actually 100% though. Things were crazy when we were buying them. There was so many kids and chickens along with other animals. The poor lady working had her hands full!

I think they’re 5 months. I’m not actually 100% though. Things were crazy when we were buying them. There was so many kids and chickens along with other animals. The poor lady working had her hands full!
Try getting some close-in head and comb shots to post. I know, I know ... easier said than done, right? The little buggers don't stay still long enough! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom