am I a rooster?

joyful-homemaker

Songster
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
central ohio
This is my 4-1/2 week old bantam mille fleur. I have never had bantams or mille fleurs before and cannot tell if this is a roo or hen. I hope its not a roo because I have two others. Can anyone else tell from these pics, or is it too early?
CIMG1800.jpg

CIMG1801.jpg

CIMG1802.jpg

CIMG1759.jpg

sorry the images are blurry, this little one never holds still.
thanks

joyful-homemaker

OMG.... I am thinking yes, that looks like a boy. I have a 4 & 1/2 week old mille also and I wondered when I would be able to tell the sex. I think I have a girl after seeing that one.

I have two little MF d'uccle girls that are almost 6 months old or so and they are just now getting large red combs. Here is a close-up of one (on right) at about 6 weeks. Notice how tiny (almost non-existent) her comb is--
2531217638_f5e8775264.jpg

Here she is now
2868092994_d38f0d1ac2.jpg

Based on that comb alone, I'm thinking you may have a little roo too. Sorry.

I think mille is a he:(, thats ok though. Do you think it will get very big or agressive? I have a 5-1/2 week old white wyandot bantam roo he will be sharing a coup with. Do you think they will get along?

joyful homemaker

I think that it would depend on how many girls you have for those two boys, and how they feel about sharing.
wink.png
A woman in my neighborhood has 3 roos and probably less than a dozen hens and they get along. Of course, she free ranges hers so they aren't shut up in a coop together all the time either... that might make a difference.

Our MF girls are named Daisy and Millie -- very unusual, huh? They live with my one and only roo, a standard Silver Laced Wyandotte (that was him on the left in the first pic) and get along just fine, so far. Here is what my little chicken family looks like now. Hasn't my roo gotten big!

2867259689_f736947043.jpg

Here are a few pics you asked for. She hatched on 9-2-08 and i took the pic 10-2
She is slightly bigger than the other 2, is it obvious to you which she is?

004-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom