Am i able to incubate a Muscovy Duck egg?

The incubator design you have will not work. Ducklings require a certain temperature in order to begin developing. If you cannot use electricity then you can not artificially incubate the eggs. You can however provide the hen with a safe nesting area in a pen where she and her eggs are contained. Muscovy ducks regularly go broody and she should be able to hatch ducklings on her own.

I’m assuming you don’t live in the US and that the lizard is some species of monitor. There’s not much you can do to dissuade them, but keep in mind if they are taking her eggs it’s probably why she’s not clutching in one place consistently and that they will also readily catch and consume ducklings.

Last edited:
Well, i left the eggs inside the leaf incubator....... You can't blame me! The Mother Muscovy is lost a day ago(I am still finding her)!! Anyway, i also decided to do it as an experiment.... to use leaves as the heat source of the egg. It is now day 3 and i haven't candled yet. I added more leaves! And a bit of sand atthebase of the incubator.... I am sure i'll get lots of bashers and haters for doing this. I dont't mimd though!

Well, i left the eggs inside the leaf incubator....... You can't blame me! The Mother Muscovy is lost a day ago(I am still finding her)!! Anyway, i also decided to do it as an experiment.... to use leaves as the heat source of the egg. It is now day 3 and i haven't candled yet. I added more leaves! And a bit of sand atthebase of the incubator.... I am sure i'll get lots of bashers and haters for doing this. I dont't mimd though!
No bashing here! It's your experiment. Please keep us updated.

Eggs were artificially incubated in the Middle Ages and prior to electricity by burying them in a manure pile.

I assume you have to pack leaves a
Or straw around them for air flow. I think it required digging them up and moving them daily.

I believe I read the results were not great, but rotting manure would incubate them. It would be moist and warm so who knows??

Also is your lizard for sale. I could use him around here.

Back
Top Bottom