Am I being to generous? *RANT* calling back pg9

Wow, does he think his egg business is really going to make him a fortune, especially with starving hens?
roll.png

Can't fix stupid.

Is this a young person or an adult who has the chickens? If it is a young person living at home, I would see if someone could speak with the parents. If it is an adult, I would definitely call Animal Control and report it so at least, there would be a record. Good luck and
hugs.gif
to you for trying to help the chickens.

I'm sure that all this is weighing heavy on you.
hugs.gif
I don't know what people think, that maybe animals can go without food for extended periods of time?
idunno.gif
Thats just crazy, now, does he go without food too? I couldn't stand by and watch those poor things suffer either. You know, I do hate to say this, because I'm not real fond of the AC, but, maybe you do need to let them know. If hes not willing to work with you, especially since you offered to buy one of his girls!! Your an angel to his flock by the way, thank you. Please keep us posted.

I would have to say the same as the others .. Contact Animal Control call daily if you have too.. Tell them about him not feeding them.. Offer to help your friend find homes for the extra roos... Also I would print out info sheets and constantly push him/her on the facts of raising birds... Just that they arent getting eggs is a red flag... Others say I'm mean because I will push and push when I see animals not being cared for properly,, I don't care that its their home... The animals can't control how they are taken care of... If all else fails though you may just have to decide whether you want to continue to be friends with this person and just step away... Hopefully they will realize that you care for them and they will try to do better....

Sorry didnt mean for it to get that long

Thats just stupid. The guy can afford a really nice coop and security cameras but he cant afford food for his birds? He sounds like he has no buisness having chickens. If he was doing this with dogs and puppies people would call it a puppy mill and he would most likely get in serious trouble. Its sad that some people consider chickens just breeding, egg machines.

barnie.gif
First i would feed them Asap.
if he dosent like it too bad give him an education . ask how would he like to go with out food for 2-3 days.
then Next time, you clean put down ag lime on the floor
3 bags of wood shavings Deep litter,
no need to clean out for a year .
I do just that, also you can add wood shaving if you need it. in between,
And if he give you a problem
smack.gif
Good,,,
friend or no friend.. tell him the AC may find out and take them all away.

Last edited:
Don't ask! Take some greens and fruit and throw it to the chickens! Maybe a split pumpkin or watermelon... His "Special" feed is probably just laying mash... He's chicken clue-less! Tell him that you're doing him a favor, just bringing extra left-overs that won't effect his "Special" feed at all!

Back
Top Bottom