Am I crazy? *long rant/vent*

Quote:
I've never understood why people want to live in subdivisions. They're crowded, the lots have no land what so ever and I don't like people being able to see me in my own yard.

Forget going outside in a robe! I have 3 acres, 2 of that is wooded and our house is on a cleared acre right in the middle of the woods...I've been out in my yard topless!
gig.gif

There's nothing wrong with a doublewide. I own a doublewide. The only problem would be the fact that they go down in value like a car does, even with brick foundation. Mine is a little over 1800 sq ft and 13 years old.

When looking for a place to buy we looked (for about 5 minutes) at a house on 1/2 an acre in a "country subdivision". It was a nice house but we decided very fast that we didn't want a great house on small land, we wanted GREAT land with a simple house. We spend more time outside anyway, they house is just for sleeping.

I think your kids would have more fun in a country setting with lots of land to explore.

Where is the house? You don't have to say the town, what county? Are you moving them to a different school? They may not like that at first but they'll get over it when you move on 5 acres and start adding to your hobby farm. Like say a few goats...

Quote:
I didn't read the whole thread so I didn't realize you homeschool them. They'll be fine, you can even add an FFA course when you move to more land.
wink.png

First of all, NO you are not crazy! As far as your kids I believe that the happier we are, the happier our children are. My son was raised in the same town as I was. The summer between his 5th ad 6th grade year I found myself wanting a fresh start for the both of us. I worried just as you are. Will he fit in? Will he resent me? I also had school to worry about. He would have to leave friends he had gone to school with his whole life. I sat him down and discussed the pros and cons. We would be leaving our big house(which was to much for just the 2 of us anyway) and buying a much smaller one. The new town has less than a sixth of the population of our old one. He suprized me when he said yes! Lets do it! We looked at houses together, I tried to make him part of it as much as I could. A long time friend of mine lives here and so we had spent time here. Because of that him and I both had a few friends so he had a couple familar faces on the first day of school. Long story short..(I know, too late!) We moved, it turned out to be the best choice I have ever made. We both are very happy. Shortly after I moved to this new town I met a wonderful( younger:D) man who just so happened to have lots of land in the country! BONUS!! That was always a dream of mine! Now almost 2 years later I am a happily married woman with a very happy son and chickens to boot!!! My son turned out to fit in just perfectly and his grades have improved so that he is on the honor roll! It is a way different, and slower, life than we had before and we wouldn't change it for anything! GO FOR IT!! You will NEVER regret it! Happier you, happier them!

DH and I talked about this more and have decided that it is not a good idea to look at that property. It would almost double his commute to work, and with gas prices they way they are now... I've already canceled the appointment with the realtor.
sad.png

He said he doesn't oppose moving so I'm going to keep looking, but for something closer to his job. Besides that, there are two houses in our subdivision within throwing distance from my house that are for sale and no one is looking at them. There are many new developments out this way with new houses that are sitting and sitting too. The market has slowed down so for me to find a place that I really want BEFORE getting this place sold would probably just be setting me up for disappointment. I think the neighborhood stuff that is going on caused my fight or flight reaction to kick in and I really wanted to just fly away -- fast!

Please keep praying for us with this situation. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom