Am I going to lose Annabel?

Feathered babies

Hatching
Oct 1, 2020
Today I noticed our hen annebel (2yr old shaver) being less active than usual and not very interested In coming to me as I fed out like the rest did. But once she came over I noticed she was stumbly and was pecked by the rest when she got close to the feed. This was in the morning. As I approached her she didn't scatter like her pairs. She was slow enough for me to easily handle her. I have since isolated her into a cage with bedding water and feed. But she still looks the same (sickly). She sits flat but then I see her sitting in a way where she looks hunched, like her tail curves under her. She's always wanting To close her eyes and her poop went from runny green to watery green/yellow to yellow white pastey her poop does have a strong smell. Her comb is bright red, her feathers are clean and healthy looking her eye balls are vibrant, beak normal. Nothing in her mouth. Breathing is normal. Visually she looks fine apart from the lack of wanting to do much, slow moving sometimes stumbly, closing eyes and weird posture and stinky poos. We are new to having chickens. We bought Annebel and 9 others from a Commercial free range egg supplier. We have had the hens for 5days. Only 4 out of 10 are laying and I'm unsure if annebel is one of them. Am I going to lose one of our girls?

Today I noticed our hen annebel (2yr old shaver) being less active than usual and not very interested In coming to me as I fed out like the rest did. But once she came over I noticed she was stumbly and was pecked by the rest when she got close to the feed. This was in the morning. As I approached her she didn't scatter like her pairs. She was slow enough for me to easily handle her. I have since isolated her into a cage with bedding water and feed. But she still looks the same (sickly). She sits flat but then I see her sitting in a way where she looks hunched, like her tail curves under her. She's always wanting To close her eyes and her poop went from runny green to watery green/yellow to yellow white pastey her poop does have a strong smell. Her comb is bright red, her feathers are clean and healthy looking her eye balls are vibrant, beak normal. Nothing in her mouth. Breathing is normal. Visually she looks fine apart from the lack of wanting to do much, slow moving sometimes stumbly, closing eyes and weird posture and stinky poos. We are new to having chickens. We bought Annebel and 9 others from a Commercial free range egg supplier. We have had the hens for 5days. Only 4 out of 10 are laying and I'm unsure if annebel is one of them. Am I going to lose one of our girls?
This is new castle disease

We bought Annebel and 9 others from a Commercial free range egg supplier. We have had the hens for 5days. Only 4 out of 10 are laying and I'm unsure if annebel is one of them.

Do you know how old these hens are?

She's always wanting To close her eyes and her poop went from runny green to watery green/yellow to yellow white pastey her poop does have a strong smell.

By your description I would assume that she is suffering from some kind of problem of her reproductive system: egg-binding or salpingitis come to mind and are quite common in commercial layer hens, often in combination with kidney issues.

Lethargy is a symptom of many (most) chicken illnesses.

I would add some vitamins to the electrolyte water, and perhaps some garlic too.

Have you wormed the chickens since you got them?
No I haven't but I definitely will be since you mentioned it. I haven't seen any signs of worms but I'm still going to do it. Um where and what can I get for worming?

Do you know how old these hens are?

By your description I would assume that she is suffering from some kind of problem of her reproductive system: egg-binding or salpingitis come to mind and are quite common in commercial layer hens, often in combination with kidney issues.
Is there any other distinctive signs?

Morning update on Annabel. She was still very much alive and well - yayy! So I let her out onto the pasture. She has me baffled. She looks normal again but I won't get my hopes up as I have read many others do the same but end in fatality. Her stumble has gone, her tail is up her poos still yellow white pasty and strong smelling.

Attachments

• IMG_20201002_090725.jpg
    IMG_20201002_090725.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201002_085935.jpg
    IMG_20201002_085935.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201002_090000.jpg
    IMG_20201002_090000.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201002_085334.jpg
    IMG_20201002_085334.jpg