am I guessing right??

v.cyr

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Greene, NY
we just picked up four new chicks... two brahma pullets, hatched 5/27, and two from a bin labeled simply "bantams" hatched 5/26...

all together
IMG_2419.jpg

as to the banties' breeds, we have made two somewhat educated guesses, based off of pics we found online and in a couple of hatchery catalogs we had kicking around, but we would like to run them by you guys just to check

the first one...

RSCN0234.jpg

we are fairly confident this is a porcelain D'uccle... not quite 100%, but up there in the high 80s at least...

the second one...

RSCN0233.jpg

we think this little character is a gold sebright... far from certain on this one though... they were the only ones we saw in the hatchery catalog with the orange face... but the pic was not the greatest... so what do you all think, did we guess right?

I dunno.... I just found some pics of each online(wish I had found that site sooner) and it looks like the lighter color on the D'anver's face doesn't spread up to the top of the head, like our chick... and it looks like the backs of the D'anver are solid color where ours is mottled with gold, though the pics of the sebright chicks in the pics I found don't seem to have that either... I guess we will wait and see

D'anver
dAnverChix.JPEG

sebright
GSebrightChix.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom