Am I missing something? CL posting...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarefootMom, May 31, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    http://springfield.craigslist.org/grd/2412046990.html

Red
    sex-link pullets born may 5th from Cackle hatchery. These girls have all had merricks vaccine and are nice and ready to go.
    Used to being handled and will make great layers. As you know, these will mature and begin laying earlier than most. Sex-links can be fethered sexed as chicks. so no guessing
    if you want to get a rooster and have little ones (later on).

So they are a month old...red sex links aren't that expenisve are they? Maybe I am underpricing all of my 9 week old pullets at $4.50 each?? or 3 for $12...

2. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    sounds like you are under pricing. Are you having luck selling yours? If you are selling and are happy with the results then leave it be or you could always raise your prices to just under theirs.

I would love to find a deal like yours, here they would go for $10 to $15 each.

3. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    I am not actively selling-just whenever. Normal pricing for chicks is under $5. Laying hens don't normally bring more than $10--usually around $6-$8 each.

If they were a more rare breed I could come more understanding but these are just run of the mill hatchery sex links! seems a bit off the wall to me.

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Seems expensive to me. Not to mention that he (or she, whatever) makes it sound like you can take any rooster and breed with these and you'll get chicks that are sex-linked. Dude doesn't know much about hybrids, apparently.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    "Pure Bred" and "Sex Links" are mutually exclusive terms anyway. Sex links are cross breeds. [​IMG]

6. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:[​IMG]

Personally I don't believe the Marek's vaccine does much, and the person can't even spell it correctly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by