Am I neurotic???????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather and mountain man, Mar 28, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Ok with 7 people in the house every day is laundry day. Monday I wash whites. Everyone has 20 pairs of socks and yes I count them every Monday. So today I could not find the 20th pair of DH's socks keeping in mind that he is wearing a pair. I looked under the bed, in his shoes, in the hampers and in living room all around. NO SOCKS anywhere. It was driving me crazy at this point. I was going to have to wash a singel pair of sock and just so you know I would or it would drive me crazy! But I had to find them. So I thought maybe just maybe I miss counted not likely but maybe. So I went back to his drawer and recounted the socks. So then I thought I would dig around the drawer and see if they were buried in the drawer. So I did and I found one. ARRR [​IMG] So I keep digging and oh thank goodness there it is under his pajama pants oh WHEW! [​IMG]

Well that only took 30 min of my day! So am I or not? [​IMG]

2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I just had a dryer breakdown. I was neurotic. I had to carry wet clothes to my moms (AND his mom). The repair guy took a week to get the part. Never again, I'll replace the darn thing

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Maybe just a tad bit [​IMG]

4. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    [​IMG]
    If all my socks were clean at the same time I'd probably have about 100 pairs. [​IMG]

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Uh, yeah, that is a bit much. Seems a bit over the edge into OCD territory to me...

I don't have the faintest clue how many socks we have here. All stray socks go in a bag. Eventually the matches for most of them do turn up. Occasionally (rarely) one goes permanently astray. I have 5-6 socks that have been in the stray sock bag for years now. I keep hoping the match will turn up folded inside a blanket somewhere. I "will not" throw them away. [​IMG]

6. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    OH NO OCD! [​IMG]

I do like the number 20

20 cups
    20 plates

I don't think I will keep going. I'll call my therapist right now [​IMG]

7. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    No sock bag here. Every six months old socks go to st. vincent and we get new. I am kinda weird I guess. I have to have the clothes very orginized closets oginized and seperated by long sleeve, short sleeve, pants, jeans, and by color. Every ones closets.[​IMG]

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I am still scratching my head wondering why you are looking for hubbys clothes... hes a big boy if he cant make sure all his socks are in the laundry I guess that 20th pair will get washed next week

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    After a while I will just throw out that single sock or use it for cleaning. I used to save the socks forever trying to match missing pairs.

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:Yep, sounds OCD to me too. Wouldn't it make you feel better to come over to my house and straighten out my closets??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by