Am I obligated to give him his money back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From some of the replies, if I wanted, I could order eggs from any of the ones that say they would send more at shipping costs, and fill my incubator for next to nothing! Not that anyone should, you guy's sound like nice people, but a little too trusting.
No PROOF...NO MORE EGGS!

I would offer him more eggs and he pays the shipping. This is pretty much standard practice among sellers. If he wants a refund ask for the pictures, BTW with paypal he must return the eggs for a refund if he files a dispute.

I used packing peanuts for my first couple shipments with good luck, but I double wrapped my eggs then making sure there was at least 3 layers of wrap around the eggs. I now use a combination of bubble wrap and newspaper to wrap each individual egg, I then wrap 3 eggs in a tube of newspaper to diminish shifting. The tubes are set side by side in the box on top of a layer of tightly packed crumpled newspaper, same for the top and around the edges. In over a 100 shipments I have never had a report of a broken egg.

I'd give him the money back (less shipping).

It isn't worth the trouble with the fella.

Also, next time I shipped eggs, I would wrap them individually...

AND take digital pictures of the packaging at various stages, to avoid any "future problems."

Some famous person once said: "Ya jest cain't 'out-waller' a hog, Vern".

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

I did wrap them individually, and put them in a bundle of large bubble wrap, and packing peanuts, tons of them. He sent me pics of the broken eggs. I really HATE giving him his money back, I packed them just fine and I went throught a lot of work to get him these eggs. I am not in this for the money, but I am sure I am not the only upset to not recieve anything for all the work put in. I got $20 from the sale of these eggs, including shipping. It cost $11 for shipping. If I give him back $20 that would mean the $11 for shipping came of my own pocket. So that means I PAID $11 to go through a bunch of work of caring for the birds, packing the eggs, making THREE trips to the post office [one time it was closed and the other I came 5 minutes too late], and then get an a**chewing for being such a terrible shipper when I actually did a fine job. That is bull****. I shouldn't have to pay back the full $20, should I?

Quote:
Did you offer to ship more eggs, he pays the shipping again? ONLY refund for the eggs, if he wants a full refund tell him to return the broken eggs, that is what paypal will tell him.

Quote:
The way she described shipping is fine. I wrap individually but bundle the eggs also to prevent shipping. I have never had a broken egg.

Every case is different. Sometimes, no matter what you do, the P.O. is awful enough to thwart your packing job. Sometimes the handling happens to be good enough that you could end up with a not-so-great packing job resulting in hatchable eggs. So, you'll have all sorts of opinions about this and you yourself will have to decide what to do about it in the end. I don't think there is much to be gained by leaving this thread open and I would suggest you search for other threads on the same subject and see what others have advised.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom