Am I over-reacting to a pecking-order incident, or is something wrong?

So would that be...Frank, Filbert, and Mr. Weatherby?

I was going to say at least one but then I started wondering about the others with the long tail feathers...and the combs and wattles will really start becoming more prominant...it won't be too long now and you'll know.

me,
g

Thanks for all of your replies.
I'm not sure what breed they are, so I'm not sure if it's common for the females to have these kinds of tail feathers.
It would surprise me to find out that the lighter colored, non-aggressive one (Flora) is a pullet if the other two are roos, mostly because that one is considerably bigger than the other two (the pictures don't do it justice). My sense was that because she's bigger, and she's always behaved like the leader of the other two, she doesn't have to be violent or aggressive.
Since I'm brand new at this, I guess I'm going to have to wait until they show signs that are unmistakable, and keep the Neosporin close at hand until then.

On a lighter note, they seem much calmer today. Flora and Merryweather didn't let Fauna sleep in the coop last night, but today they don't seem to be hostile, though they certainly aren't back to snuggling together or anything.

I'll chime back in if there are any major changes. Thank you all so much for your support.

Quote:
i thought the same thing.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom