Am I pretty or handsome and a new pic on page 3 4/27 added again

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I have no idea what this one is but it's got a wonderful personality and is really friendly. Any guesses on sex or breed?
bodyrosecomb.jpg

seemyprettycombh.jpg

AmIprettyorhandsome.jpg

rightsiderosecomb.jpg

leftsiderosecomb.jpg

Last edited:
I guess it would be hard to say for sure until a bit older, but I thought ROO! when I first saw the pic. Either way, you've got a beautiful baby there.
I would love to see him when he is full grown.

Em

If it is only 6 weeks old, it is definitely a roo. I would guess a hamburg mix. The body shape is much like my silver spangled hamburgs. I also think penciled hamburg, not spangled because even in a mixed breed those spangles show up, at least in my mixed breeds. The red on the feathers seems like it is from something else, not sure what. I have a mixed roo with reddish on him like that. His mom is a RIR/EE cross. I love his eyeliner!

Quote:
I know, the eyeliner is beautiful! I went out to try and get a pic of it with it's tail up but got distracted,, I found a nest with 10 little eggs in it! The size of the one in the duck nest. My oldest hens will be 4 months the 29th of this month, well, they were a few days old when dropped off, but no more than a week. I don't know whose they are unless the little Silkie cross Steven rescued was older than we all thought.
K

Back
Top Bottom