Am I Stupid?

alex

Songster
12 Years
Jul 1, 2007
Okay, today i was on youtube.com just browsing my vids. and i came across a comment on one of my chicken vids. it read "You should drop the chicken, and grab a book" Then the person called me a retard:(...and said that one of my chickens look good as chicken nuggets:/...and all kinds of meen things like that.
So do you guys think im way over board on this whole chicken thing?? I meen, i love them to death:D!

Last edited:
Drop the chicken & grab a book....ok, what an idiot...WHy do people not have better things to do than attack other people for their passions!?!? That really ticks me off.... It is SO important to me for my girls to grow up around chickens b/c 'as stupid' as it may sound I think there's alot of 'common sense' and life lessons that are learned just having them around/being around them, that I personally didn't know when I was young, being raised w/o any form of livestock. I always grew up booksmart & lacked most the common sense I needed til the world slapped me in the face.... I hold poultry on a high pedistal as well b/c it teaches compassion, life & death, about food, mother nature, just SO many things that we need to know and these little birds enlighten us with. I've never had to kill anything til I got chickens, broke my heart, but I believe it's important... my kids never saw the miracle of life til I started incubating, I didn't realize the importance of homegrown/raised food until I got chickens and it made me question the 'industry.'....I could go on & on...but NO, you are absolutely NOT stupid. People who have nothing better to do than try & mock you...THEY are ignorant, and sadly deprived IMO.
*Whew...I feel a bit better*
Kristi

You should drop the chicken and grab a book.....A CHICKEN BOOK!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No, seriously, all I can say about that is someone needs to get off their high horse and realize that while reading is a very good way to stimulate your brain and whatnot having a wide variety of hobbies is also good. If I had chickens as a kid I would have never had the time for drugs or drinking, and that's the truth. I barely have enough time to eat now that I have them!!! I think it's a very healthy hobby, and it has the potential for money-making. They can go spend every day reading books (don't get me wrong, I spent about 10 years of my life doing nothing but reading....one of the plusses for homeschooling LOL!) but when you have who knows how much profit off your egg sales they can shove it where the sun don't shine. Don't waste your time getting upset over immature people who don't know how to have fun or recognize a good hobby. BTW, what's the link to your vid? I'd like to see it!!! Don't take it to heart!!!

Thank you, you guys really made me feel better...Thank you for leetingme stop and think about how better it is to grow up like i am now, and not like those meen ppl on the internet.

Yeah you should grab the biggest chicken you can find and drop it on this idiot's head in hopes he'll get a concussion...but then that may harm the chicken so maybe not.

You know, I learned a long time ago that ANY pet parent shouldn't be dissed about what pets they choose. I mean I don't see the point in keeping snakes (illegal here) but I don't go calling these people retarded. We all love whatever creatures we love and that's that.

Don't question your love for chickens.
smile.png
You go with your heart!

My two cents....

The reason I got into the thought of caring for chickens is much like another post on this thread.... it is a lesson in ALL aspects of life. I had never realized before the total and almost complete reliance we as Americans have on big corporations and the government to live in our day to day lives. Want to control the masses??? Control their food and water.

How could anyone be considered an idiot for KNOWING how to be self sustainable by raising/growing their own food. And more so, what to do with that food once the first stage is past.

IMO...you are fiercely intelligent and I envy you for the knowledge you already have that I only hope to learn.

Ignore the ignorant. You'll be surprised how quickly they will change their opinion of you when they are hungry
smile.png

Happy people wouldn't do things just to hurt the other person's feelings. If this person had some constructive advices to share after watching your video, he/she would have certainly done so in a way that wouldn't be so offensive.
Don't let that bother you! You are not the one with a problem
wink.png

Just feel sorry for him/her, and move on :aww

Wow...some poeple!! Just remember what " momma always said"
old.gif
" If ya ain't got nuthin nice to say, dont say nuthin at all"
wink.png
I know...get a book, and go read it TO your chickens. Like...." The Boy Who Cried Wolf" ( So like mine, they dont go squaking at 4 am, me running out there in a nighty with flashlight and gun,,,,thinking something is out there, and its just that they are lonely or something), Or..read to them " Chicken Little" ( same reasoning. )
gig.gif

You are not an idiot! My brother in law tells me I am odd because I don't eat meat and we try to raise what we can for eggs/ meat ( hubby and kids still eat meat) and have gardens as well. It is ignorance on their part. Ignore people like that.

Back
Top Bottom