Am I the only MAN who's..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Ducklove334, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    ...WIFE complains about the critters???? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

ok, so I KNOW we're expecting a baby and all that stuff, Bailey needs stuff, BUT HERES THE CATCH, she's got clothes OUT HER BUTT

she's got a crib, carseat,bouncer,swing, BOTTLES,bibs,blankets, CRAP LOADS of diapers already, wipes, a tub, shampoos, all that stuff.

before anyone says " you need lots more than that for a baby",I KNOOOOOWWW cut me some slack, eh? [​IMG]

need a mention, ALL or MOST of this stuff bought with MY money, I know I know, good on you for being responsible for your child, I'd never be any less..BUT

I want to spoil MYSELF once in a while.

I want to order from ideal, or somewhere again, because since my cayuga Lyra died, I've been wanting another, I also want a few mottled Houdans, and some D'uccles...I care for them, so whats wrong with it?

everytime I have a duck sitting, she complains, everytime a duckling hatches, she complains, but SHE is the one who wanted to keep the newest baby, Jingo.

anyone else's woman-folk do this?

it makes me want to [​IMG] and then [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

I am a woman and my hubby and I are co-enablers [​IMG]

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I absolutely love my chickens...DH doesn't love them as he says, but he helps me take care of them as much as possible.

She could be just emotional from being pregnant...Hormones and such....

4. Nope, Mine loves all my 19 animals!

OOPS! Make that 20! I forgot my mallard duck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  5. BantamMom13720

BantamMom13720 In the Brooder

Jul 17, 2007
    Spotsylvania , VA
    I'm sorry you're having trouble... this is an addiction and to date I'm not aware of a twelve step program that would work for any of us anyway! lol

Be patient, but keep your duckies... by the way I have six young mallards for sale... I'm in Spotsy county.. just posted them tonight.

New babies are exciting for new mommies, and I'm sure she thinks your pets take time away from that. Give it some time, but keep your own interests too.

6. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    Women get a little nutty when they are pregnant. Hormones are really rough. It will get better. But not until the baby is born and older. Anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months to one year in.

You know how a hen acts when she gets all broody? Multiply that by 1 gazillion.

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Uh, Joe? Hoof and Hen? Ya'll owe me a new keyboard.

Ducklove, congratulations on the coming child, and [​IMG] , hang in there.

8. NRacine

NRacine Songster

Sep 2, 2008
    Oh, she's nesting. That's part of being pregnant and having babies. Everything has to be in order and just right just in case fill-in-the-blank.

Just think of her as a broody hen. There's not much you can do. Just say yes dear I love you dear and wait it out.

9. keedokes

keedokes Songster

Feb 25, 2009
    Wisconsin
    WARNING: It took me 18 months to get hormonally normal again. This includes wanting a physical relationship. CAVEAT: I am, however, abnormal in that respect, so don't worry too much. [​IMG]

10. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Songster

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Be sure to discuss with her how having chicks/ducks it a great experience for a child. [​IMG] Maybe we should start a post of pics of little ones with chicks to show her how great it will be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: