Am I the only MAN who's..

so whats different now?
wee.gif

Kidding
hide.gif

Quote:
Everything stinks when you're pregnant. I couldn't have hubby eat in the same room I'm in because the smell of food would make me want to hurl.

Quote:
A LITTLE? I was a raving lunatic when pregnant.

This cracked me up, truly. There you have it.

Pregnancy was wonderful for me. I never felt better, and I was never in a better mood. My skin glowed, I never looked better, I was a loving angel to all who knew me, and every day was beautiful.

Evidently I should have spent my life pregnant -- because, I assure you, my normal state is very different.

Do not mess with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Beak = Insightful genius. Beautifully said.

Animals are a huge time and energy commitment, children dwarf that by billions.

Also, in a relationship there is no "my money". The clothing she has bought is for your upcoming child? I can tell you that they dirty clothing like crazy on a daily basis. More clothes/linens = less often you have to do laundry. When you have an infant at home, anything you can do to save time spent on drudgery chores helps, caring for an infant takes every second and all of your energy. Your wife could be concerned that you won't be able to be there to help her raise your child as much as you will be needed if you are caring for all of your animals instead.

I totally get that you want something of "yours" still, but that child is totally something of yours. More than anything else has been or will be. The love you feel for it will dwarf everything you have ever experienced, you will become an obsessed lovestruck dad. The need for more animals will fade in its wake for awhile. Enjoy it, parenthood is magical, stressful, heartbreaking and awe inspiring all at the same time.

Congratulations!

Plus; we are almost all intense and completely focused on one thing when we are pregnant - the care of our upcoming child. It's the way the species has done so well for as long as we have, but it makes us obsessive and bordering on bonkers, too. Broody hen, totally.

Quote:
A LITTLE? I was a raving lunatic when pregnant.

you're still not a raving lunatic? LOL

your wife could be concerned that you won't be able to be there to help her raise your child as much as you will be needed if you are caring for all of your animals instead.

I have NO life as it is LOL, we live with her mother right now, where all the critters are, we are moving after Bailey is born, but thats just across the field!, 5 minute walk LOL. I like to spend every morning outside with the critters before I go to work, but I've more or less stopped doing that, and do it in the evenings now.

now, don't say I don't know what y'all are saying, I KNOW how much work babies are, and my child IS the most important thing in my life, but I'm not a big fan of rushing, on anything. I keep saying "you've got THREE months yet, things will GET done"

but she don't listen
hit.gif

you're still not a raving lunatic? LOL

Sometimes I am raving. Sometimes I an a lunatic. When I am pregnant, I am both at the same time!
gig.gif

Reminds me of my friend who complained that her husband was jealous of the baby, and didn't understand why she didn't pay him any attention, any more.

By all means, continue to take care of the critters you have, but I would hold off on adding to the flock. Reasonable or not, the next few months ARE ALL ABOUT HER. She has a human being growing in her belly. It's exciting, scary, sometimes uncomfortable, and amazing. She needs to know that you are as thrilled/concerned/vested in the process as she is.

Just my $0.02 worth, as a mom of three. Chin up. This, too, shall pass . . .
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom