Am I the only one who thinks this is weird....... SIS & BIL

Quote:
I'm a Christian, and I won't visit anyone in prison or jail...... I don't care if it were my own child or sibling. Nope, I will not.

What does being a Christian have to do with that anyway?
hu.gif

Quote:
I'm a Christian, and I won't visit anyone in prison or jail...... I don't care if it were my own child or sibling. Nope, I will not.

hu.gif

Because Christians are supposed to "love others as they would themselves". Where the misunderstanding is, love does not mean CONDONE. I am with you on this one. If you are stupid enough to get your butt in jail, you can just handle it all on your own.

However, if accused a crime that I believe the person did not commit, I would visit.

Quote:

hu.gif

Because Christians are supposed to "love others as they would themselves". Where the misunderstanding is, love does not mean CONDONE. I am with you on this one. If you are stupid enough to get your butt in jail, you can just handle it all on your own.

However, if accused a crime that I believe the person did not commit, I would visit.

Sorry, but "love others as they would themselves," does not mean I should feel obligated to visit someone in a prison. Love, condone, Christian, misunderstanding, or whatever .... I see no relationship between being a Christian and visiting a relative in prison. Actually, if that were the case, I imagine most prisoners would have plenty of visitors. I mean, heck, most folks have at least some relatives that are Christians I think.

Just my opinion..........

Quote:

Sorry, but "love others as they would themselves," does not mean I should feel obligated to visit someone in a prison. Love, condone, Christian, misunderstanding, or whatever .... I see no relationship between being a Christian and visiting a relative in prison. Actually, if that were the case, I imagine most prisoners would have plenty of visitors. I mean, heck, most folks have at least some relatives that are Christians I think.

Just my opinion..........

I hear ya!!! I have often told my son, if you are stupid enough to wind up in jail, don't call me. I just think the general public has this "vision" of what Christians should do in those situations, and it has nothing to do with reality!!!

I'm in the minority here. I don't blame them. I would not want to be bothered with an alcoholic druggie relative either and I would do whatever was necessary to make sure that didn't happen. What they did makes sense to me. Actually, if I were in their shoes, kind, compassionate, patient, tolerant person that I am, I would have considered moving across the country.

You can never predict when someone will flip out.Stealing is the least of the worries. I don't think it is weird,but it IS very sad. Sad they have to hide.

I'm also not thinking what they are doing is weird. They may not have any other way out. They may know something that no one else does and just don't want to frighten anyone. They said take all the family pics of of FB. Did they mean just them or ALL the family pics? Maybe that's a safety precation so that other family members can't be recognized or found. Just a thought.

As for Christians as well as members of other religions not going to prisons?? I can tell you I know they do. At least the ones who take the time to pass the words they have learned to follow on to someone who may be interested in changing their lives. There are many prisoners who have been rehabilitated and have become religeous with whatever religion they believe in. Some learn to believe when they never did. I think everyone deserves to follow in the way they were lead, but there are many types of Christians and not all are given the same interpretations as another. But then they do not see other Christians as Christians. I think maybe we all learn the complete truth after this world, not in this world. I do know for a fact that many many Christians visit weekly and some ministries send Missionaries to work within prisons in all countries of the world. But I also know that some use shunning, so where one may go another may not. Ok that's just my opinion on that. None are right none are wrong so to speak.

I'm one of those people who does not put my picture anywhere. I never have. I think this world has taken away privacy in our lives. Anyone can find information on everyone. That's great if you need to find out if someone is a serial killer or a child molester. On the other hand, to many people knowing everything could also lead to being dangerous for the innocent. I know that FB was responsible for my daughter and son-in-law being robbed and losing almost everything in their home. Why? Because of 17 and 18 yr old daughters mentioning they were going to the bank before meeting with friends and had to walk because everyone was out of town. Hello, open the doors and load the truck. I worry sometimes about my youngest sister's little girl. She plasters pictures of her all over the place. People who are able to get to those pictures know what city she lives in, where she shops, her favorite sushi bar. It really does bother me. I love the pictures, but truthfully those I'd rather see in a photo album.

As far as not help this guy. I feel like he needs help from someone, but have these people helped so much that it's starting to be a hardship? Does he want help or think he needs it? Or has something he has said or done frightened them so much that they need to take drastic measures just in case they are right, but like I said before, they don't want to scare anyone? Or maybe they can't because they are scared themselves of him finding out they told others? Maybe it's a warning they can't risk just blurting out so that no ne gets hurt.

I've been up all night yet again. Sorry for the rambling, but I guess this was a moment of weakness. LOL Think I'll try to sleep now.

Back
Top Bottom