Am I the only person driving an F150 & listening to NPR???

Dodge Ram 3500 super duty
hide.gif
but I listen to NPR on 91.1 or 91.7

This country boy tried the city life. Only lasted three years

ummm, no, but Mercedes ML320 listening to Neal Bortz. He's a local guy in Atlanta, dont really know how to describe him. Very anti govt in your business, very conservative, say it like it is type guy.

I don't listen to government run propaganda.

Granted, only some of the programming is that way, but it's how I feel when I listen to their news.

Quote:
I was just about to say that. If it weren't for their unbalance, I'd have them on all the time. I love the variety of things they address on their documentary type programs.

Last edited:
I turned in my nice car for my pick-up truck because it (Lexus) was being treated like a truck...I kept putting hay in the trunk, feed in the backseat, barn dirt all over the floor...and I was tearing up a really nice car. We decided to add a work truck for me to drive when I needed it...so I parked my car and never drove it again (my husband occasionally drove it). After 4 mos of not being used, we sold it.

I love my truck! My whole life is so different than the way it started...painted nails, high heels, parties (aka "functions"), social events. It was fun, but I gladly gave it up for everything I have now.

My life now with my husband and kids is filled with horses, chickens, goats, and a new veggie garden for spring. I LOVE it! My Mom and Dad shake their heads (and smile!)...my Mom swears she doesn't know where I came from! She's not big on dirt, let's say.

My truck is a little bit of a badge of honor for working hard and earning these things I always wanted.

BUT, I still like many of the finer things in life: fine wine, fine food, and NPR!

Kelly - I have an F250, - and... a welsh corgi, horses, americaunas, and barred rocks.
I listen to NPR in the truck and in the barn - although the boarders keep changing the station when I am not looking.
Of course, I have an excuse - I live in California!

I don't have a truck but love NPR wait wait don't tell me, thistle and shamrock, splendid table and of course prairie home companion and all the news programs

Quote:
My brain has an automatic sifter. Between what I get from radio, TV and the newspaper, I had to learn to do it!

Quote:
And All Things Considered, Car Talk, This American Life,...I drive a Kia Rio, but the seats fold down and it fits a bale of hay and a couple sacks of poultry and dog food! When I bought the car, I asked the lady if it could fit a bale of hay. She asked, "How big is a bale of hay?"
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom