Amateur Duck mom

reggblue

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2017
I Found myself taking care of ducks when I rescued 10 out of the sewer ponds. They could not fly out. They were a mixture of mallards, Pekins, Cayugas and one buff. It took 3 years and much trial and error!
I found homes for all but three and then two return to me because the new caretakers were moving and 2 more who were very sick.
More later...

Welcome here!
So good you got to save those poor ducks! And how wonderful of you to take responsibility and such good care of them afterwards. The world needs more people like you!
I hope you'll eventually find all of them their forever home.

Welcome aboard! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

I Found myself taking care of ducks when I rescued 10 out of the sewer ponds. They could not fly out. They were a mixture of mallards, Pekins, Cayugas and one buff. It took 3 years and much trial and error!
I found homes for all but three and then two return to me because the new caretakers were moving and 2 more who were very sick.
More later...
Welcome here!
So good you got to save those poor ducks! And how wonderful of you to take responsibility and such good care of them afterwards. The world needs more people like you!
I hope you'll eventually find all of them their forever home.

Thank you. I now find myself with 8 ducklings. I posted another thread on their niacin needs.
Two of the homes I found for Robert, Carmen and Malcolm was a huge mistake. Robert died within a week and the owners lied to me about it. I found his body in a side yard. Took him home and buried him under his favorite tree. The next home for them was great. The owner had other ducks and a nice set up. 2 years later Malcolm and Carmen are returned to me. Malcolm is emaciated, blind, bumblefoot, upper respiratory infection and is being rehabilitated by me. Carmen is thin but in much better shape. Malcolm is on strong antibiotics right now. He requires much care and he seems to be improving. I have 2 jobs and am having to move out of the house I've rented for 6 years because it is going on the market. This is the reason why I can't respond promptly to any messages. Thank you for your kind words.

Back
Top Bottom