Amazing fertile egg 12wks after death of only drake

bernie131

Songster
6 Years
Apr 26, 2016
Kansas City, Kansas
My little Winnie that I hatched and knows me as her human Mom has been sitting on 12 eggs for the past 29 days. This morning I found a underdeveloped hairy egg she left by the door which she had to have held in her mouth and flew out of her box on my back porch where her nest is and left me this egg to show me,.."yes they are fertile " because I have been doubting it since her brother that I also hatched by hand on June 22nd and raised was taken the day before Thanksgiving November 26th and prior to that I had seen him mount both Winnie and his bio Mom that also got killed by probable foxes or coyotes so Winnie is nesting indoors. This is CRAZY to me,..how can that be???? I took the 1st 6 eggs and the 8 eggs the Mother laid and put them in the incubator for 10 days and then candled them and they were not fertile and I did that back in Dec/Jan so I gave her eggs back and threw out Moms eggs then shortly after she decided to start laying eggs in the box that her and Roxy used to sleep in. It already had newspaper and wood chips and right before she started sitting she pulled her own feathers and today when she had this fertile egg I am just BLOWN AWAY,....ANYONE ELSE???????

20200218_173703.jpg
20200218_173608.jpg

Back
Top Bottom