Amazon BSFL

KodiakChicken1909

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2023
Kodiak, AK
Getting my pullets next week and want to make sure I’m all set for food and treats.

I am ordering Scratch and Peck feed and then started looking at their BSFL. The box was something like $8 per pound.. Amazon has a lot of options, some as low as $5 per pound. Grublys is $16 per pound!

Has anyone tried the cheaper BSFL options available on Amazon?

Thanks!

Mine won't touch bsfl. Can't blame them, they look like little dried orcs.
I'd be leary of Amazon bugs, you don't know how fresh they are, they have a lot of fat so they can go rancid.
I've used low sodium pork rinds as treats, cheaper and basically the same thing.
Also, handful of shredded cheese, rice crispy cereal, millet branches like for pet birds. Anything can be a treat as long as it's low salt, low sugar, no chocolate.

Mine won't touch bsfl. Can't blame them, they look like little dried orcs.
I'd be leary of Amazon bugs, you don't know how fresh they are, they have a lot of fat so they can go rancid.
I've used low sodium pork rinds as treats, cheaper and basically the same thing.
Also, handful of shredded cheese, rice crispy cereal, millet branches like for pet birds. Anything can be a treat as long as it's low salt, low sugar, no chocolate.
Hmm ya the age of Amazon stock is def a good point. Thanks! Ok I think I’ll make some fodder to have ready for them first and go from there.

The wife just got 2,500 worms too 😏 she prob won’t notice if a few go missing now and then

Back
Top Bottom