Amberlink roo x Easter Egger hen

speelish

Chirping
Dec 23, 2022
Georgia
Im not sure if this the correct place to post this but.. I thought you guys might find this interesting because from what I have seen it isn't a popular cross. I have hatched two chickens from an Amberlink rooster and a Easter Egger hen. They are about 8 weeks old as of posting this. The first to hatch we think is a hen and she has a lot of the red genes and and grew to resemble her mother very much, while the second to hatch is a roo and is very white and resembled the father more. I am not sure if they are sex linked or if it is just chance that this is the case (im pretty new to chickens and don't know much about breeding or genetics or anything). Both of them look like they will end up with pea combs and beards. But yeah, I thought it was a pretty cool experiment and I will update this when the hen starts laying (what color eggs she lays) :)

IMG_0690.jpeg IMG_3003.jpeg
^ the 1st to hatch (hen)
IMG_0781.jpeg
IMG_2998.jpeg
^ the 2nd to hatch (rooster)
IMG_4914.jpeg
IMG_6447.jpeg
^ the parents

I thought you guys might find this interesting because from what I have seen it isn't a popular cross.
Yes, it is nice to see what they produce :)

I am not sure if they are sex linked or if it is just chance that this is the case (im pretty new to chickens and don't know much about breeding or genetics or anything).
Just chance in this case. That specific set of parents could produce white sons or red ones, and white daughters or red ones.

Back
Top Bottom