Ambient indoor temp

Bluemonster107

Songster
Apr 16, 2019
Fresno, California
Setting up my brooder area this week in anticipation of a good hatch when the incubator is done doing its thang😉🤗🙏🏽… first time turkeys, but have hatched quail, chickens and ducks … so I have only ever used a heat plate in the brooder …. My question is what is a good ambient room temp for the hatchlings? They will be in my “office” that I run a mini split on with AC, so controlled air source. And I have a deflector on it so the air doesn’t actually blow down on anything 👍… just not sure what the actual temperature of the room would be best to be at… while using the heatplate?

Setting up my brooder area this week in anticipation of a good hatch when the incubator is done doing its thang😉🤗🙏🏽… first time turkeys, but have hatched quail, chickens and ducks … so I have only ever used a heat plate in the brooder …. My question is what is a good ambient room temp for the hatchlings? They will be in my “office” that I run a mini split on with AC, so controlled air source. And I have a deflector on it so the air doesn’t actually blow down on anything 👍… just not sure what the actual temperature of the room would be best to be at… while using the heatplate?
I run my brooder heater at 90⁰F measured at the bedding level. The rest of the brooder is about 70⁰F measured at the bedding level. The brooder is in the coop so the ambiet trmperature of the room may vary from 50⁰F to 80⁰F air temperature depending on the time of the year.

wow, i didn't think it would really matter with a heat plate? i have my 3 week old chicks outside in the chicken house with a heat plate and they act like it doesn't exist, course it was 90* today but even at night it gets down to 60* or so and still they ignore it....

Back
Top Bottom