Ameracauna gender and color question

You have to be kidding me! I am so disappointed I could just cry!

I bought these from a breeder off the Ameraucana website and we discussed EE's and how I could get those anywhere around here but I wanted Ameraucanas and that's why I contacted him from the Ameraucana website! I drove a few hours to meet him so we wouldn't have to ship and lose chicks early last March.
Why would a "supposed" reputable breeder on the breed's website do something like let his birds run with something else and sell as purebreds?
sad.png

He seemed so nice and honest too.

The Ameraucana Breeders Club provides the following listing of club members who are willing to sell Ameraucana bantam and large fowl eggs as a service to the public. The club cannot attest to the quality of the product you may receive and the board suggests that you check references before ordering eggs, chicks, juvenile birds, or adult birds. All purchases made are at the buyers own risk.​

Yes, I realize that. I am the honest type and just get shocked when screwed over still!
Seems if you are listed as a breeder and do the NPIP thing, you would have thewill and the means to separate your breeds.
Thanks for your help in a lesson learned for me. I do appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom