Ameraucana Blue Color question UPDATED W/SHOW RESULTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tootsie

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 13, 2008
Northern NJ
This cockerel is primarily blue with some lighter coloring around the neck area, I know blue varies but is he considered a true blue or what color is he? His DOB is around 6/10/09 so he is about 4 months old now, pics taken today 10/9/09.
Blueorwhat.jpg

and another picture:
Blueameraucana-1.jpg

If I am in the wrong topic let me know and thanks.

Last edited:
i used to have ameraucanas and they look funny and not right until they hit adulthood!!! i always thought mine looked funny but their parents were just beautiful! give him time he might be an ugly duckling that turns into a swan!

Thanks! You guys are great!!!

I guess it is better not to show him yet then??? the deadline is tomorrow, perhaps he will be ready for the spring show. What do you think?

I have these two beautiful pullets that would be great for him then!!! a black and a blue pictured below, but their color is solid already so that is what puzzled me.
AmeraucanaBluenBlack.jpg
I am going to show them they are about a month older than him DOB: 5/10/09.

pullets dont have that awkward look cockerels do and if you want to show him go for it i bet the judge will have a knowledge of ameraucanas and they might know this little ameraucana fun fact!! lol

Decisions decisions...what to do??? What would you do???

It is between him and my 7 yr old SSH Hen and a young black polish I am not sure if it is a girl or boy????

I only have a few hours to go to the PO and make the deadline!!!

Last edited:
unless we are trying to produce a perfect flock why not let him live and be happy? I have many birds that are not show quality including 5 EE and I love them just the same. Maybe I am not understanding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom