Ameraucana chickens

Kinda need to see the whole chicken to tell but I thi
I bought these two as day old chicks from a feed store and they advertised them as ameraucana's but I caught a glimpse of the order sheet and it definitely said easter eggers. I asked the gentleman if they were true ameraucana's or EE and he swore up and down they were true and the hatchery justvuses that term. I wasn't born yesterday and just decided easter eggers were better than having no chance at blue eggs. Anyway, I realize they're EE's which means there's a chance they'll have blue, green, or pinkish brown eggs. Somewhere I read that if an EE has a pea comb and not a straight comb they're more likely to lay blue or green eggs.. however I can't for the life of me tell if these guys have pea combs or not. I think they do, but would really appreciate any feedback someone who knows better than I might have. Any ideas? View attachment 2063216View attachment 2063217View attachment 2063218View attachment 2063220
No I saw a rose comb....that surely is ee..ameraucanas only have pea combs

Ameraucana are my favorite breed I bought 3 lavander ameraucanas...one of those is a cuchoo...so he has kind of white legs instead of the blue and has been slow maturing so far I'm not 100 percent on roo at 4 months

I knew they weren't true ameraucana's, but I definitely wouldn't have taken either to have a rose comb. I thought for sure they were pea combs after finding this illustration. I realize it's a sexing illustration but they both say pea combs and I thought my hens combs looked pretty similar to each. Perhaps a little smoother but not by much. Either way, I'm happy I've got one that lays blue eggs, and I'd be thrilled if the other did too, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see with her. She still hasn't laid. She squats for me, but hasn't explored the nesting box yet that I've seen and her vent doesn't look like she's quite ready.. but hopefully within the next week we'll have a second blue layer, fingers crossed.
Screenshot_20200403-214425_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well House lays a very long blue egg! She's laid 4 this week. Pepper has been hiding hers and I can't find where shes doing it even after watching her so I've locked her in the cage they sleep in at night until she lays for the day.. which means when she doesn't lay that day she's stuck in their all day.. which isn't desirable but I'm hoping it'll at least encourage her to use that space even when she free ranges once she understands that's what she should be doing. She laid one day then didn't the next and then today she laid as well but she isn't using the nesting box, she dug in the straw that's on the floor and laid her egg there... I'm frustrated and sad for her. She's definitely bottom of the pecking order and my bantum chicken half her size dragged her out of the nesting box by her feathers the day after she laid her egg and I'm convinced this is why she won't use them to lay... for now I've tried setting up a make shift nest for her on the ground but obviously that's not very convenient and not really what I'd like. I've been debating getting rid of my bully bantum but I realize another will probably just step into her place and pepper is just so timid...
20200412_130557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom