Ameraucana cockerels or pullets?

It’s not proof positive but the three rows on the pea comb in a good indication of a male. I have ten sexed EEs, three 5wks old and seven 3wks old. Only one is marked as a male and it is the only one that has three rows in his comb. Vent sexing is also not 100% accurate so I’m keeping a close eye on mine. EEs are hard to sex at an early age.

It’s not proof positive but the three rows on the pea comb in a good indication of a male. I have ten sexed EEs, three 5wks old and seven 3wks old. Only one is marked as a male and it is the only one that has three rows in his comb. Vent sexing is also not 100% accurate so I’m keeping a close eye on mine. EEs are hard to sex at an early age.
Thank you so much for that information and your time! I will keep watching him/her! She was a sexed pullet from Tractor Supply, but we have at least one Cockerel for sure (an Orpington) that was supposed to be a pullet too.

I'm thinking the first one is a pullet. I'm not convinced either way about the second one though. :confused:
And I agree, they're really pretty Easter Eggers! :love
Sorry I missed your comment earlier! Thank you so much for your kind words! Makes my day. I'll keep my eye on the second one and post an update as it becomes more clear what she is. I'm still thinking girl myself, but I don't know!

Back
Top Bottom