Ameraucana? Green legs. Blue or green eggs?

Since they are your favorite breed do you know if they lay a lot and then burn out and die young or their lifespan or anything? Thanks!
They TEND to live long, longer than high production breeds. But I had an EE just die today :( at not even two years old. My other 8 are still alive and well though! They lay quite often about 5-6 times a week, in my experience. But without enough sunlight, mine don’t lay at all.

I love my EEs. I had an absolutely fantastic EE roo who was the best roo I've ever had. Such a gentleman. High praise for these birds!
I raised a gentlemen Barred Rock who is such a sweetie and so nice to his hens and me; and I also raised a MEAN Buff Orpington (the two Roos together). That rooster is so mean I named him Diablo. lol. He sure is beautiful though. His feathers are orange-y and like the sun blazing. I don't know what you call that. Not luminescent, but close. Can't think of the right word. He's amazingly beautiful. I couldn't believe how differently they both turned out, being treated the same way. It was one of my first learning experiences as a newbie chicken keeper.

I had two easter eggers that looked exactly like yours, they could have been triplets! One of mine laid a beautiful sky blue egg and the other laid a wonderful seafoam green egg
How cool! Makes me wish I had 2 of them, one that layed blue, and the other green. LOL. Out of my 10 chickens I change my favorite breed weekly. LOL !! Goosey is in the running this week. ha ha. I just love my "chickies".

They TEND to live long, longer than high production breeds. But I had an EE just die today :( at not even two years old. My other 8 are still alive and well though! They lay quite often about 5-6 times a week, in my experience. But without enough sunlight, mine don’t lay at all.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I got some eggs from someone at the flea market, which I'm not crazy about doing anymore now that I'm learning it's not always safe to eat some eggs and you don't know what they are being fed or if they've been wormed or whatever. You certainly don't see the best of intentions at these things around my area. Anyways, the blue eggs had SO MUCH MORE FLAVOR than my one laying hen. It made her eggs seem so bland. lol. They didn't seem to feed anything special to them. I hope Goosey's eggs are delicious like those. If not, I still won't charge her rent. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I got some eggs from someone at the flea market, which I'm not crazy about doing anymore now that I'm learning it's not always safe to eat some eggs and you don't know what they are being fed or if they've been wormed or whatever. You certainly don't see the best of intentions at these things around my area. Anyways, the blue eggs had SO MUCH MORE FLAVOR than my one laying hen. It made her eggs seem so bland. lol. They didn't seem to feed anything special to them. I hope Goosey's eggs are delicious like those. If not, I still won't charge her rent. :)
:lau Nice rent joke there! Egg color does not affect the flavor of the egg. Feeding more greens and corn can improve the protein level of eggs, and get a rich dark orange yolk.

Back
Top Bottom