ameraucana? hen? roo?

jbknow

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 24, 2009
This is my 6-week old supposed ameraucana. I haven't found any photos of one this age looking like this so I'm skeptical...any thoughts? If it is an ameraucana, what type. I've read about many ameraucanas actually being just easter eggers. what does this one look like when its grown? I'm also wondering if it's a hen or roo? big legs? slightly red comb?
37508_img_4710.jpg

37508_img_4746.jpg

It's going to be very pretty. I love the coloring so far. Is there any way you can get a bigger picture on here? I can't see the comb at all to make a guess.

willow or green legs= easter egger there are BYCers w/ pure ameraucanas me being one of a few but youll have to wait pea comb breeds are hard to tell but hang in there i have 2 EE's two and 15 real ameraucanas i had one like that a while back

I've been able to tell my EE cockerel was a male since right after I got him at about 3 weeks old. His comb was obviously different, even then. It started pinking up by 4 or 5 weeks, at least. Now he's 10 or 11 weeks, and he's getting sickle feathers in his tail and his comb is much larger than the girls' combs, and it's red red red.

I bet if we can see that comb, we can make a pretty good guess...

From the first pics I thought you might have a little Wheaten cockerel but now that he's a little older and I can see him better, I can see it's an EE cockerel.

Should be a pretty bird though.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom