Ameraucana ID

Blue Eager

Songster
6 Years
Oct 30, 2017
These are day's old Ameraucana chicks. I was wondering if it is possible to ID Blue, Splash & Black at this young age? I took a stab at it & was wondering what you kind folks think?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 23
I think you're stabbing in the right direction.
On my phone sometimes blacks kinda look blue but you have the splash right and the blue right.. Is assume you're right on others being black.
Sometimes blue chicks are really dark so kinda tough but usually easier when the feathers start coming in.

I would say by a week or two old. Whenever their wing feathers grow in a little.
I usually don't have much trouble telling at hatch if ones a little iffy as soon as feathers start coming in its really obvious.
That being said i did once have a blue silkie that never looked blue. She was black as can be but I know she was blue because of what she threw when bred.

I would say by a week or two old. Whenever their wing feathers grow in a little.
I usually don't have much trouble telling at hatch if ones a little iffy as soon as feathers start coming in its really obvious.
That being said i did once have a blue silkie that never looked blue. She was black as can be but I know she was blue because of what she threw when bred.

Back
Top Bottom