Ameraucana or Easter Egger bantams question...

Most bantams can fly really well so it is something to consider. I would imagine the bantams are very similar in personality to the LF Ameraucanas. Check out the Ameraucana breeders club page for breeders.

Good Luck

I have them and love them. I have 4 hens and 1 rooster. So far my rooster is great, no flogging, but protective of his girls. They do fly, but their enclosure has netting over it to keep out hawks anyway. Usually the only time they get flighty is when one of the dogs gets too close to the fence and it scares them. They're pretty friendly little birds. Mine will eat out of my hand when I bring treats.

Arent they called Araucana? Ive got Araucana eggs to go inthe incubator next week. They are bluish/green in shell colour.

Thanks for the replies! Flighty does not mean that they fly well. It means that they aren't tame and go crazy when you go into the pen with them. Breeds like leghorns are know for being flighty. Anyway, thanks for the answers. I decided to get another breed this time, but I might get some next time I get chicks.

I found bantam ameraucana cocks are feisty (at least the buff variety). The bantam hens were very friendly and less likely to run from you when there was no rooster around. I had numerous hens who were hand raised and were very sweet and timid and loved to be held. The males seemed to make them more nervous. At least that was my experience.

Rayan - araucana and ameraucana are 2 different breeds. See the following sites for more info.
http://www.ameraucana.org/index.html
http://www.araucana.net/

Jody

I have ameraucana/EE bantams and they are the friendliest birds i own. I love mine
love.gif
I got them from mypetchicken
smile.png

My sister raises bantam Ameraucanas. She has black, silver, and Lavendar ones. She loves them. They will sit in her lap and lay there. They are so sweet. She took four of them to a show this past weekend and got two first, two seconds, best of breed, reserve in the breed, and reserve in her class. She was very proud. I was too. She has a hen that is a great mother. She has hatched out chicks two times this year. It would of been three, but they weren't let her sit because they wanted to take her to the fair. I love the breed too. I am trying to get more pens set up for next year, because I want some of her chicks. Hers don't fly, but they have a top on their pen just in case.

Back
Top Bottom