Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

KsChickenMama

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2020
I ordered Ameraucana chicks from Orschelns and a few look just like the Easter Egger chicks I have. I know they share some characteristics but how do I know they sold me true Ameraucana chicks and not EE? Attached is a photo of the new chicks.

Attachments

• 20200415_122846.jpg
    20200415_122846.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 17
They look like Easter Eggers to me. Only 2 hatcheries (Cackle and Meyer) have true Ameraucanas, and the chicks are definitely more expensive. Did you pay around $4/chick or $15-20?

The EE and Americana is so annoying, many peeple sell “Americanas” but they are not the true Americauna. There are very few sources, and they’re expensive for the true Americauna.
They look like Easter Eggers to me. Only 2 hatcheries (Cackle and Meyer) have true Ameraucanas, and the chicks are definitely more expensive. Did you pay around $4/chick or $15-20?
they are probably just what I call “ American Easter Egger” which is just a random chicken that lays blue eggs.

They are Easter Eggers. The price, not to mention the down color, points to EE.

If you want to get true Ameraucana you will have to find a breeder or order through Cackle or Meyer (or MPC). Meyer has blue/black/splash Ameraucanas, and Cackle has blue/black/splash, white, buff and lavender.

Back
Top Bottom