Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

Yeah i got an ee that was called an ameracaucana before. Sadly 2 months after she started laying her eggs she passed randomly. The feed store where we got this little one at we got an EE labeled as a EE. It was a suprise that they actually said the correct breed.
Good point, take the label with a grain of salt.... I even know where they source them (Privett,) and look em up on Privett site... totally different looking, lol. I've just learned what works from them (to your point about the one that passed <sorry>, I sometime's get "lemon's" from them when it comes to CCLB.) So I just don't get CCLB from them anymore....

Good point, take the label with a grain of salt.... I even know where they source them (Privett,) and look em up on Privett site... totally different looking, lol. I've just learned what works from them (to your point about the one that passed <sorry>, I sometime's get "lemon's" from them when it comes to CCLB.) So I just don't get CCLB from them anymore....
Yeah thats a fair point. Also just looked at them. No ameraucanas on their website, that means the feed stores are the shady ones with the naming process. Also she may have had a upper respiratory infection or at lest thats what I belive killed her. And sorry about the CLB (I think you put 2 Cs for cream legbar if not sorry im not aware of that breed)

Yeah thats a fair point. Also just looked at them. No ameraucanas on their website, that means the feed stores are the shady ones with the naming process. Also she may have had a upper respiratory infection or at lest thats what I belive killed her. And sorry about the CLB (I think you put 2 Cs for cream legbar if not sorry im not aware of that breed)
Oh geeze I just had PTSD! I remember years ago I used abbreviation of CLB for Creme Legbar. And then the Crested Creme Legbar police beat me up. BUT I think I got it wrong again, hahaha. Now I can't remember what that club has decided is the official abbreviation! I'm going with you are right, it's CLB. OR just CL.... :confused: To "crest" or not to "crest," that is the question......

Oh geeze I just had PTSD! I remember years ago I used abbreviation of CLB for Creme Legbar. And then the Crested Creme Legbar police beat me up. BUT I think I got it wrong again, hahaha. Now I can't remember what that club has decided is the official abbreviation! I'm going with you are right, it's CLB. OR just CL.... :confused: To "crest" or not to "crest," that is the question......
Yeah, I just relized you ment Crested cream legbar. But I think they call them CLB because thats what everyone else is clalling them for now. You may do it how ever you like though.

Heres an update picture on them
A6DCFB22-FCD0-495D-A6D6-469BB52E00E1.jpeg
. They are feathering out slower then the other two i have heres a picture of them taken at the same time
8C654573-4890-4777-8959-5A73EBDC91BA.jpeg
0AF7A929-CFCB-4991-B028-892F5663D6FA.jpeg

Attachments

• D3D481AF-75A6-468A-8B62-C57F185CBD2D.jpeg
    D3D481AF-75A6-468A-8B62-C57F185CBD2D.jpeg
    525.3 KB · Views: 2
I’ll update again at week 5 nothing really has changed in them. The unknowen ones comb is large and light pink at the base but its also yellow mostly. He or she is feaghering out on their head. (Starting to look like a cream legbar but could be wrong) The others allmost fully feathered but he or she is not (could be dee to having cream legbar in them since no other rooster signs yet (other then the comb) I will post some pictures tomorrow.

I’ll update again at week 5 nothing really has changed in them. The unknowen ones comb is large and light pink at the base but its also yellow mostly. He or she is feaghering out on their head. (Starting to look like a cream legbar but could be wrong) The others allmost fully feathered but he or she is not (could be dee to having cream legbar in them since no other rooster signs yet (other then the comb) I will post some pictures tomorrow.
By large i mean larger then the others (its still could be hen size)

Here are some baby pictures when we first got them
0872B7FB-2C27-4532-980B-924DF901ACD4.jpeg
BCAA9812-C6D4-4969-AE76-0C263C70BF9B.jpeg
DAEF2CBB-C8DD-4766-93BF-F488E76F285D.jpeg
They gew so fast. Anyways theblack one is a blue star, the whitechipmunck in the one we are talking about and the darker chipmunk is the other EE. Now im starting to belive that theother EE has some CLB in them as well as some kind of other blue layer maybe olive or a truewhitening blue. We shall find out when he or she is older. I honestly find it fun trying to find out their genetics

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom