Ameraucana or EE?

Well, I'll just keep looking for a more colorful egg. The two I have laying both lay brown eggs (Tango is my Dominique - really small eggs and Echo is my Black Australorpe - really big eggs). Either way, Oscar (yeah, weird name for a hen!) is a cool chicken, so it's all fine.

I have a beautiful lady just like yours with the same deep olive green feet. I bet you will be gathering nice olive green eggs just like mine....​

Quote:
I knew that people get really confused, but I thought someone judging a poultry show, particularly on a state fair level, would have some level of competence. Which is why I'm now extremely confused on what I *THOUGHT* made an EE an EE.

And just so that this doesn't turn into an ameraucana v ee debate, I have four EE that I absolutely adore and am thrilled with. When it comes time for me to replace them, I will probably get more EE.

Joskt0204, I have two ee's that look similar to yours. They hatched around April 5th. One started laying blue/green eggs on September 1st, but the other one hasn't even been thinking about it yet. She is the runt, a very needy bit of a chicken who's muff partially blocks her vision (Yes, we clipped them). Right now we have 4 distinctly different eggs--we know who lays what, and when. It's just fun keeping track.

I would say she's an Easter Egger and a very pretty one too! Just wait til she lays her first egg, you will be amazed at the color! I love my EE's blue/green eggs so much that I'm thinking about taking an egg to Home Depot and having paint made in that color!!
lol.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom