Ameraucana (Probably EE) Genders?

KanrininDawn

Chirping
May 14, 2023
Wiregrass Area, Alabama
These guys are about 4.5 weeks old and any insight into gender would be great. I bought them from a local farm being sold as Splash Ameraucanas, but I know there's a lot of muddiness involved in Ameraucanas vs EE. I just know they're cute and speckled so I'm happy.

I'm not in a position to keep any little guys, so I need to start detaching from any cockerels ASAP, and making rehoming plans.

They may be too young to tell, but I figure it's worth a try... Also, I have a thread with more pics over at https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-ameraucanas.1580011/ 🤷‍♀️

20230614_121756.jpg

20230614_121932.jpg
20230614_122200.jpg
20230614_122737.jpg

Beaky is still around, but I'm not too worried about their gender quite yet. It's a special case. I'm leaning towards Beaky being a girl, since it's more along the lines of Yellow and Whitey. I also plan to give better names once their gender is sorted out. Right now, it's more descriptors to tell them apart. Beaky will probably always be Beaky, though (usually Beak-Beak).

Beaky is still around, but I'm not too worried about their gender quite yet. It's a special case. I'm leaning towards Beaky being a girl, since it's more along the lines of Yellow and Whitey. I also plan to give better names once their gender is sorted out. Right now, it's more descriptors to tell them apart. Beaky will probably always be Beaky, though (usually Beak-Beak).
Oh great to hear. I was hoping that her little scissor-beak hadn't caused issues. Beaky (or Beak-Beak) is cute!

Back
Top Bottom