Ameraucana Rooster?

Too funny, I just posted needing help with a few of my littles and one looked super similar but no reddening. The BYC crew made the same call with the blotches that I did not see till they pointed out. Always hard with your own (denial) and easy to tell with others maybe.View attachment 2423926View attachment 2423925
Bravo BYC peeps. Shortly after getting the input I saw HIM scraping with a brother. Yup. Boy.

This blue baby looks like a mix with a fibro. Do you have silkies/ayam cemanis? Looks too dark to be a true Ameraucana. A fribocauana? That's one of my Spring projects is to create some mutt projects.

This blue baby looks like a mix with a fibro. Do you have silkies/ayam cemanis? Looks too dark to be a true Ameraucana. A fribocauana? That's one of my Spring projects is to create some mutt projects.
His daddy is a Smoothie (Silkie X Ameraucana). Wonderful roo but his babies are hard for me to sex.
00A0A_5sRzdOn6NyR_0t20t2_600x450.jpg
00i0i_hOOzLbif3M3_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Hello all—for those of you that are curious here is a recent photo of the bird who started this thread. Suspicion confirmed. Gracie is now Grayson! I’m actually thrilled. I was ready for a roo for my flock of 20 and to have it be a chick I raised is the best. At this point, he’s a good boy and one of my more friendly birds. I have read that Ameraucana Roos can be aggressive. Please tell me that won’t happen!
A20A3BE7-6401-4805-AF7A-47D0124D74AE.jpeg

Hello all—for those of you that are curious here is a recent photo of the bird who started this thread. Suspicion confirmed. Gracie is now Grayson! I’m actually thrilled. I was ready for a roo for my flock of 20 and to have it be a chick I raised is the best. At this point, he’s a good boy and one of my more friendly birds. I have read that Ameraucana Roos can be aggressive. Please tell me that won’t happen!View attachment 2455696
Yup! Nice looking guy.

If you are careful with your cockerel, you should be able to break any aggression with him. My Wheaten Ameraucana cockerel born in May pecked my hand very aggressively (when I was holding one of his girls), so I immediately picked him up and walked around with him under my arm for a good couple of minutes - he hasn’t bothered me since and moves the other direction when I come in 🤣 Don’t tolerate any aggression or they will often get worse. Nip it in the bud and you should have a good chance of end up with a tolerable rooster.

Back
Top Bottom