Ameraucana Rooster?

Can you provide more details on WHY you feel it’s a roo? I was JUST planning on bringing an adult roo into the mix and if I discover that this lil one is a cockerel, I will be changing my mind pretty quickly!
I know I'm not the person you qouted but the jist of it is:
His comb pretty red, his coloring is uneven and splotchy, and his tail is big and fancy.

Can you provide more details on WHY you feel it’s a roo? I was JUST planning on bringing an adult roo into the mix and if I discover that this lil one is a cockerel, I will be changing my mind pretty quickly!
Almost everything about him.
Idk WHY people are saying pullet.
Big, red, three rowed comb; patchy color, gangly, tall stance, long, curving tail feathers, and I think I see saddles coming in.

Almost everything about him.
Idk WHY people are saying pullet.
Big, red, three rowed comb; patchy color, gangly, tall stance, long, curving tail feathers, and I think I see saddles coming in.
Thanks so much to all of you!! It’s confirming my suspicions and although I can wait and hope for a different answer, I am lucky enough that I can keep this one either way!

Thanks so much to all of you!! It’s confirming my suspicions and although I can wait and hope for a different answer, I am lucky enough that I can keep this one either way!
I don't think there is any chance he's a girl.... Everything about him screams boy. Lucky you can keep him!

That comb does look rather red for an ameraucana pullet, although possible for a mix? For what it's worth, this here is Curly at only 2 months, and I think his comb looks quite a bit more developed than your 3-month-old. I can't find a 3-month pic, but by 4 months Curly had full on hackle/saddle feathers.

Now I have six 10-week olds in my yard, and I've wasted a ridiculous amount of time staring at their combs. I know I'll know when I know and not before, but I still can't stop myself trying to figure it out!
IMG_3750.JPG

Back
Top Bottom