Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

28 W/ BW eggs in the 'bator!!!
big_smile.png
th.gif

Last edited:
Ok. My girls will be 23 weeks on wednesday, about half of them are squatting, there combs are red. Wouldnt you think they would be laying soon?
idunno.gif

I really am trying to be patient! lol But it can be hard at times.
hide.gif

My 3 white Am's are 17 weeks old (yesterday) and none of them are crowing. I still don't think it's safe to say they're all girls but at least two are. I'm getting so close to those blue eggs..
droolin.gif

Quote:
My two serviving White Ams are so pretty!
love.gif
I know for sure I have a pair. The combs look just the same, but their tails are totaly different. The male has a round tail with long feathers hanging off it, and the female has a perfect unside down V shaped tail.

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Aren't yours just a few weeks older than mine? I don't see any thin saddle feathers on my suspected one yet but they are going through a molt. Its tail looks like the other two's, so all I can do is wait just a little while longer. Its comb is just a tad too wide and is making me worry. I have no other roos so I don't know what's making it delayed or what? The one with the fluffiest beard and muffs looks just like her mom
love.gif

Last edited:
Had to share.. got 15 chicks hatch from 20 (shipped) eggs at the WE.
celebrate.gif

Sadly only 4 are wheaten amaraucanas.

Is it possible to sex 'little" wheaten amaraucanas chicks? Does dark markings on wing feathers at a week suggest boy or is color at that stage random?

Edited to say.....
also got a 2/16 hatch from my other batch so you win some.....but only some....

Last edited:
This is one of my Ramey buffs. He's my favorite, but has a goofy comb. There is only one row- like a single comb with rounded bumps. He's my little shadow
smile.png

28521_100_5799.jpg

Just put a few wheatens and lavs on lockdown. I was getting huge eggs from the lav pen and I thought they'd be splits, but all the ones that hatched last week are lavender. Wondering if my Crystalcreek's Smith pullet started up early since she hatched from a jumbo egg.
fl.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Yes, Mine are just a few weeks older than yours.
big_smile.png
In just a couple more short months we'll have some 'purdy blue eggs!!
love.gif

~ Aspen
caf.gif

I really can't wait! Are you still wanting to breed yours to another white line?​

Back
Top Bottom