Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Oct 24, 2009.

1. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been looking at all the pictures of beautiful buffs, so thought I would post pictures of my trio. Pips & Peeps rooster (out of a Ramey rooster) and my 2 Meredith pullets. Hard to get a clear picture of my rooster since he is camera shy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same girl in these 2 pictures~

[​IMG][​IMG]

Same girl in these 2 pictures~ She is actually the lighter color.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Soooo pretty! You look close to getting eggs, eh?
    I love how dark the roos are. Maybe someday I will get some girls! My oldest roos are going on 4 months so I better find some quick.

Hey Illia- what did your buff x wheatens look like?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. chickee

Quote:Thanks [​IMG] Your boy is a handsome fellow!
    Mine are 21 weeks old. At what age do the Ameraucanas usually start laying? None of my roosters (Buff, W/BW, Lavender) are crowing or showing much interest in the girls [​IMG]

I'd like to see Illia's Buff x Wheaten also! I am thinking about trying that cross myself. If it doesn't work out I will at least have some pretty EEs [​IMG]

4. WillowISA

WillowISA Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2011
    Here's Callie. She'll be about 6 months old in October. Any idea on her color? She's my first and only Ameraucana. Taffy is the Mille Fleur in the first picture with her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

A very pretty EE [​IMG]

6. chickee

Quote:What a beautiful colored Easter Egger! [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yes, Mine are just a few weeks older than yours. [​IMG] In just a couple more short months we'll have some 'purdy blue eggs!! [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

I really can't wait! Are you still wanting to breed yours to another white line?

Yes. [​IMG] I plan on getting some from Jean, and also getting somemore from NoseyChickens. [​IMG] I'm in the process of building a 12 x 40' poultry facility, so until that is finished I don't want to get anymore chooks. ( say this with two incuabators going... [​IMG] )

~ Aspen [​IMG]

8. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:GREAT blue legs!!! [​IMG]

9. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] Your boy is a handsome fellow!
    Mine are 21 weeks old. At what age do the Ameraucanas usually start laying? None of my roosters (Buff, W/BW, Lavender) are crowing or showing much interest in the girls [​IMG]

I'd like to see Illia's Buff x Wheaten also! I am thinking about trying that cross myself. If it doesn't work out I will at least have some pretty EEs [​IMG]

My Lav Roo just started crowing at 22 weeks this past weekend... He went to a new home today because of it [​IMG]
    Just up the coast a bit so I will be to get updates and maybe visit. So far I have been able to re-home 3 Roos locally which is nice because I will be able to see them again.

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Sorry folks, no pics of Buff x Wheaten except a chick pic. The chicks died before maturing much due to the mothering hen being, well, not the greatest mom. [​IMG] I am having TERRIBLE chick luck this year. [​IMG]

Nice buffs though people. The comb issue mentioned on the Ramey cockerel is the same on mine too. He does indeed have three rows, but the first and second are pretty much fused to the middle. Personally my issue with him though are his bug-eyes. I'm glad he doesn't have the seemingly common huge/high tail issue though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by