Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
Considering the number of farms in Clackamas County, I doubt that ordinance is county wide, are you sure it's not just your town? I'd put him on CL...
smile.png

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I'm in Clackamas County and am out side of the city limits (or I was) a neighbor just told me that about 6 months ago the line was moved back and now roosters are not allowed and that a maximum of chickens is 6. I just got a roo and his two hens at the Poultry show and I do not want to give him up. I plan on making shutters for the coop windows and the skylight for during the night and the morning so that his crowing is muffled. He doesn't crow that much. He goes on two sprees from between 7 am and 8 am and maybe once during the rest of the day. My goal is not to have anyone official come knocking on my door
wink.png

I'm in the "Milwaukie" Area. Any further info on the subject would be great. Sorry about hijacking

If you had the chickens before they moved the line, you may be grandfathered in. If I were you I would keep any photos you have of your flock handy, ESP if they have the day/date stamp on them, so you can prove you had the quantity of chickens before the line/law changed. It is my understanding that if you grandfather into a situation you cannot increase the number of animals you have but you can keep that quantity for your natural life. (The grandfathering does not transfer when you sell the house or if you move to another residence in the regulated area) A quick call (on your cell phone, cuz land lines are traceable to location), to your local zoning board should answer any questions you have.

Ok, I know the question I am going to ask is hidden in these many pages but hopefully someone can tell me where to find it. What colors should you breed to each other and which ones should you avoid so u don't end up with a non recognized color or EE? Thanks!
Ron

Quote:
You should only breed recognized colors to eachother- wheatens to wheatens, silvers to silvers, BBS to BBS, etc. (BBS being blue, black and splash)
Except in cases of improvement like breeding lavenders to blacks, for example.

Quote:
You should only breed recognized colors to eachother- wheatens to wheatens, silvers to silvers, BBS to BBS, etc. (BBS being blue, black and splash)
Except in cases of improvement like breeding lavenders to blacks, for example.

Thanks!

Quote:
Ron, remember when considering breeding, you must not only consider color for the next generation but all the genes you will be passing on for many generations to come. Also, there may be many other things to consider than just color. I'm not familiar with the SOP for all the other varieties so can't speak to Type such as tail carriage, length of neck, length of back, etc. Eye Color, Leg Color, Undercolor, etc.

God Bless,

It's a beautiful outside today! Snapped this picture, looks like they are plotting against me.
lol.png

The meeting of the minds...Project lavender wheaten, wheaten and blue wheaten ameraucana cockerels.
2011-10-23_15-43-55_945.jpg

Quick she saw us, act casual!!!
2011-10-23_15-44-00_97.jpg

Quote:
Very cute!!

The tri-colored chicken (far right on top pic, far left on bottom pic) is so striking!!

hmmm....just looked again, and thinking it isn't the same bird in both pics?? What color is that?? I really like it!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Very cute!!

The tri-colored chicken (far right on top pic, far left on bottom pic) is so striking!!

hmmm....just looked again, and thinking it isn't the same bird in both pics?? What color is that?? I really like it!!

They are all the same birds. They are Project lavender wheaten, wheaten and blue wheaten ameraucana cockerels.

I was looking at another persons lovely coop today and they had some very pretty ameraucans. I think they might have been Wheatens but Im not 100% sure, the looked black/green in the sun. I dont want any rosters but Im in love with the combo of the rust black and green. Anyone have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom