Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
A blue wheaten would have a blue beard, he has a presence of wattles, his muffs and beard are sparse (result of a likely mix of breeds), his comb looks like a cross between a rose and pea...that's just to name a few red flags. He would not be able to be shown as an Ameraucana in a sanctioned show, but that does NOT mean he couldn't be used in 4-H showmanship, etc.

Last edited:
Quote:
Like Duh!!! How in the world did I miss the beard????
hu.gif
hide.gif
I also didn't see the wattles and upon a closure look, I think you're right. There does seem to be a presence of wattles. Now you know why I'd never make it as a judge! I was thinking to myself that it was a nice full colored beard without any white showing. Didn't even donn on me that it was the wrong color! Ouch!

Muggs is right. I'd definitely have to agree now. He's an EE and I definitely would NOT use him as a breeder. Way too many unknown and you'd be far better off to get a BW male from a good reputable breeder.

God Bless,

Good morning my Ameraucana friends! Just checking in. I have been real busy lately. At the end of summer I managed to end up with 13 ameraucana chicks that I hatched. I am watching them grow. I love the big fluffy beards they are getting! I even have a few pathetic crowers! So cute when they start trying to crow. I am still not sure about the sex of some of my splash chicks. Just watching em grow....

Quote:
Christie, congrats on the big family. I always thought I wanted a ton of kids but I think we are going to stop at 3. Besides, with a basketball team size family to feed and care for who has time for chickens.
wee.gif

Greek Ameraucana Population Update:

Out of the last 6 eggs shipped, four pullets are developing. It's still a little early for me to determine, by phone with the proud owner, if they are BW or Wheatens. All are healthy, soon to be the talk of my home island, Mykonos!.

Congrats to Christie Rhae! You tried so hard and your efforts finally paid off for you! I'm very happy for you.

Denise

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom