Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Messed up color, as I understand it. I will have mine over my BBS Ameraucanas since they are the only ones I have, but I'll be calling them Easter Eggers (or non-standard Ameraucanas, if you will). Still, they will be EEs that lay blue eggs, so that's good.

This cockerel is quite large, it seems to me. It surprised me that he is so much larger than the BBS Rock pullets that hatched with him.

speckledhen]Messed up color, as I understand it. I will have mine over my BBS Ameraucanas since they are the only ones I have, but I'll be calling them Easter Eggers (or non-standard Ameraucanas, if you will). Still, they will be EEs that lay blue eggs, so that's good.

Very pretty colors and eggs-premium Easter Eggers here!!!
This cockerel is quite large, it seems to me. It surprised me that he is so much larger than the BBS Rock pullets that hatched with him.

Excellent-you have yourself a winner in the new and improved category that breeders have been developing sound like
Size and egg color are ever improving!!.
My Paul Smith birds are massive, the others kinda dainty.​

Quote:
I've been guessing what my SW roo over BBS Cochins & Orps would be. I figured some kind of BBS with red leakage or something, but what I'm really going for is size. I'd love to get some EEs the size & shape of those big fluffy girls
big_smile.png

I'm a bit disappointed in how big my adult ameraucanas are, but my Welsummers are the same way. You get spoiled by the size of other breeds- like those lovely Orps, and I think it makes the "more rare" birds a little less exotic.
idunno.gif

My wellies make up for their size with personality & eggs, but I did not raise my adult ameraucanas and they haven't "warmed up" to me so much. I sure hope the juveniles & babies turn out different!

Quote:
I have 4 of these chicks that I hatched from Mahonri's eggs - his BW roo/my Blue hen (which I bought from Mahonri). The chicks are 3 weeks old - so far, one looks to be black with some dark brown feathering, 2 look blue, the other one is more of white/grey/blue type chick. Definitely EE or non-standards, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they turn out to look like.

Quote:
I have 4 of these chicks that I hatched from Mahonri's eggs - his BW roo/my Blue hen (which I bought from Mahonri). The chicks are 3 weeks old - so far, one looks to be black with some dark brown feathering, 2 look blue, the other one is more of white/grey/blue type chick. Definitely EE or non-standards, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they turn out to look like.

ahh ok ,
hmm.png
i am having are dickens time trying to find ture BW's in canada, all the ones that i have found were at some point crossed with blues
barnie.gif

Look! Babies!
These are the first of my own genetic mix. They hatched out on St. Paddy's Day. This lot is actually all EEs. Daddy is a black ameraucana roo and the mamas range from EEs to buff orps and wyandottes. They all got the ameraucana cheeks though. Most have dark legs as well. Those ameraucana genes are strong!
IMG_5726-1.jpg

This is the only baby that doesn't look like a pure ameraucana. Somehow she came out with brown fuzz and yellow legs. Theoretically I should only have gotten black babies from a black daddy. She's my wild card and cute as a button!
IMG_5763-1.jpg

I only got one ameraucana to hatch. There are two more eggs in there. Who knows what they will do? I have three more under a first time broody. I'm watching, ready to shove them in the bator if she starts to flake.
I think the lone ameraucana is a splash. She's the light baby in the back.
IMG_5746.jpg

Thought y'all would like to see baby pics (even though most of them are EEs).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom